By meggiemouse - 09/07/2011 18:00 - United States

Today, marks the seventh day of having my nose pierced. I'd done everything I was supposed to do, even sleeping with a band-aid over it. This morning, I woke up to my piercing being ripped out by my pillow, and the band-aid nowhere in sight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 776
You deserved it 14 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your pillow has a vendetta out for you. Sleep with one eye, or nostril, open.

simply_improper 1

sounds like youre a violent sleeper

Comments

Carma25 0

mhm i agree it's gross looking

omfg_creepers 8

agreed now he can go rob a bank and scare children

ouch. I got ktlmy tongue pierced a week ago, I thought same was somehow gonna happen to me

abckyx 0

you can never trust band-aids

YDI for getting your nose pierced. You choose your consequences by the actions you make. Those don't even look very appealing anyways. You did yourself a favour.

Oh, keep your close-minded opinions to yourself. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone hates them. I, for one, think some nose piercings look sexy.

Oh, it's a free country, I can say as a please, after all, it is FML, not a court room. It's not being close minded for your information, in most business' it's actually quite unprofessional and people don't get hired because of it. So you consider the higher risk of infection, scarring, and in some cases; holes that can't close or have to be sewn closed to be sexy? good for you for being close minded about infections. I've been a Nurse Practitioner for 11 years, I see them every day from piercings alone that the people have had infections, and the only piercing that I never see, is one on each ear, least risk of infection. Noses, lips, cheeks, eyes, and belly buttons come in all the time!

Actually, keeping it clean is only one reason, some bodies reject the piercing completely and you can't do anything about it. I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm saying it from a professional point of view in regards to my studies. Just because you take precautions doesn't mean you're going to get the results you want. There's always a good chance that the piercing wont heal properly. There's always the pressure from sleeping on it. You can always have swelling. Nose piercings can be infected easily because tight-fitting clothes do not allow enough air to circulate and allow moisture to collect around the piercing site. If the jewelry is too thin or too heavy, the body may reject the jewelry and will work to expel it like a splinter. The piercing may cut off the blood supply and cause a lot of swelling and pain, regardless of how well it's taken care of. It can come as time goes on even if it's healed. I've even talked to people who pierce in order to expand my studies and knowledge. I'm pretty sure I have a great deal of knowledge on this subject regardless of style because trust me, I see them all the time, and some of these people even took good care of their piercing and still got infections and rejections. I had a nose piercing when I was a teenager, I took it out because hospitals don't always hire if you have more than 2 piercings (one on each ear) because it just doesn't look professional and it can get caught in almost anything.

There are people who get the back of their studs stuck in their ears and have to get surgery in order to remove it. There are risk to any type of body modification. I've had my nose piercing for 10 years and have no issues with get a job.

Yeah I had to get my left earring surgically removed when I was 11 because the front of my earring went halfway through my ear, and I only had 4 hours to shove another sleeper earring in to keep my hole which I still have. But do you work in a hospital? Like a career higher than just an RN? I'm a Nurse Practitioner and we're not allowed to have more than 2 piercings, at least in the hospitals I've worked in. I wasn't saying that it happens to everybody, but I've seen it wayyy to many times in my 11 years of not only treating them, but studying it, and doctors I've talked to never have anything good to say about them. Some holes wont even close, like an eye piercing, that hole stays and wont close if you choose not to have it anymore, you have to get it sewn. If you get a certain size of stretchers, you have to get the hole sewn and it doesn't scar nicely, it looks really bad. I never had a problem with my nose piercing when I had it. Sometimes they look cool, I'm not going to deny, I'm just looking at the heath risks, not the style.

I work in an office building. I've had plenty of piercings and they've all closed up. There are many health risk with anything that pierce the skin and surgery is a high ranking one. Infections at the site of the incision, items left in the patient, etc. There are always risk with everything.

Well yeah there's a risk. I treat those risks that are taken, and they've regretted getting piercings. But in most people not all holes close, I only named a couple, but certain parts of the body wont close, it becomes an open wound. Piercings really aren't a risk that should always be taken, I mean, sure it's the style, but there is no benefit in getting a piercing over the heath risks that the one getting the piercing is apparently aware of. Quite frankly, most people aren't aware of the risks that they're taking, because they than complain about what they got, when really, the person who got the piercing can't complain if anything happens to their piercing, because they chose to get it. I've honestly seen enough and studied enough to know this. I've had personal experiences and I've seen all the negatives first hand.

yeah, bet the whole fairy mob pulled an all out assault on op's ass! ...or nose.

Just put the ring back in. itll hurt but in a few days youll be fine. and if your pillow has a design on it flip it over to the smooth side.

Matias_Says_FML 4

Your idiotic fault for piercing your nose; something so pointless and insipid for someone to do. Of course however, it is just my opinion.

toyotita4 3

another victim of the band-aid smuggler...

nose piercing are frickin gross. ydi