By curvster daughter - 02/11/2013 18:46 - United States

Today, like every other day, my daughter thinks that degrading skinny people is very "non-conformist" and "edgy". This time, though, a slightly slim girl punched her in the face when she accused her of being anorexic. Now people think I gave my daughter her new black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 408
You deserved it 6 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Your daughter is a bully. Sit down and have a stern talk with her. She needs to learn some respect. Sorry that she got a black eye, but she deserved it for being like that.

Putting down skinny girls is the same as putting down thicker girls, honestly. They can feel insecure about their weight too. Your daughter was a bitch to point that out. She deserves it, but you don't. FYL, OP.

Comments

CanyonRose 16

You didn't deserve it. But your daughter did. Fyl

I think your dimwit daughter deserved getting punched in the face.

luckyone365 7

Tell your whale that heart disease and diabetes aren't exaxtly sexy either.

monnanon 13

yeah those diseases only ever affect the overwieght.

FML64128 7

Aren't we trying to convince her that bullying is bad? Comments like that aren't conducive to learning to accept others. Just teaches you to make bigger walls.

KayleeFrye 39

So thin-shaming is bad, but fat-shaming is OK? You freaking hypocrite!

monnanon 13

everyone fat shames and if you tell them ita wrong you are suddenly "normalising obesity" by everyone i mean the mainstream media.

luckyone365 7

106: cut the bs, you know they affect fatties more than anyone else

hazardmuffin 21

Your daughter is a bully. However, please show her compassion. Those who hurt others are always hurt themselves. Talk to her about her own insecurities and why she feels the need to put down other people. It's in no way an excuse for her behavior, and she needs to understand how her words impact other people, but just punishing her for being an asshole isn't going to solve any problems.

monnanon 13

thats a pile of shit. some bullies do it because they like to do it and like to have power. this is why stopping kids fighting is wrong. next seven shades out your bully and take them down a peg because words dont work. it just makes them think they have more power.

monnanon 13

this is why so many bullies get away with it. "poor little darlings have problems at home. ots not their fault" no the vast majority are shitheads that want to be nasty.

hazardmuffin 21

To clarify, I'm not saying bullies should be allowed to get away with anything. Bullying is always the fault of the bully. I'm just saying that more ought to be done than punishing them. 107, why do bullies desire to have power? Because they feel a lack of it. The reason for that lack of security and need to assert power is the problem, and I think that should be addressed for the sake of both the bullied and bully. Telling a shitty, nasty person that they're a shitty nasty person and punishing them for it is just a bandaid. It doesn't fix anything. There are innumerable reasons why someone might lack empathy for other people. Maybe they're insecure, maybe they have "problems at home," maybe they were bullied themselves, maybe they were raised by assholes. What's wrong with wanting to help them out and get at the root of their problems?

Dusty_Busters 15

Your daughter sucks and deserves it

She deserved it and you, you should have a serious talk with her.

Picking on people because they are skinny? "Well that's a new standard on an old twist." On a side note depending on your daughters age this is both an FYL and a YDI. You raised her.

cryssycakesx3 22

I had a terrible growing up being fat. kids are cruel. around 18 I began to accept it. I found a lot of bigger girls have the mentality of "people like me because skinny girls are ugly, not because I'm beautiful." ("dogs go after bones.." ect) fat girls just seem to skinny shame to feel better. I'm not real sure where I was going with this now...

FML64128 7

In a way, people wrongfully accusing you of giving her the black eye is them starting rumors, which is it's own type of bullying. So I say your life sucks because your daughters bullying came around to getting other people to bully you.

I have the strongest urge to say you should have been the one giving her that black eye.