By luvizwar - 18/09/2009 23:27 - Australia

Today, it is my boyfriend's and my one year anniversary. I bought him a Playstation 2. As soon as I gave it to him, he went straight to set it up without giving me anything. I said "What about me?" He walked over to me, gave me a kiss and said "I love it when you buy me things for no reason." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 336
You deserved it 7 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, not even a 'thankyou'. That's pretty bad.

NotNegativeNews 0

My brother's girlfriend bought him a PS2 last year... because he wanted one. not everyone wants things that are the top of the range, he wanted to play the old games because he enjoyed them.

Comments

YDI for being a selfish bitch and expecting him to buy you something. and FYL 'cause he didnt even say thank you.

KatieWindow 0

All you people making fun of PS2s and putting them down... Just you wait. All us oldfags that still have our PS2s are gonna be laughing at you one day. Cause they're gonna be like the N64. Collectables and junk. And you guys are gonna be ticked that you sold yours. I'm talking about the old style chunky ones, too. Ya know? Not those thinner pieces of crap they came out with afterwards. TL;DR PS2s are still the shizz.

While I love me some PS2, I'd have to say: that's it? Come on now, you can get a PS3 for $200, for ****'s sake.

KatieWindow 0

Actually, I do think that the standard PS3, without the internal haddrive is $300. And most of us trying to pay our bills on time, car payments... Gas, food, basic needs etc... We just can't drop $300 on a PS3 all willy-nilly. Not everyone has a mommy and daddy that buys them everything they want, either.

The HIGH-END(!) model costs $299. That's with a 120 GB internal hard drive. And, it's not like that is so unaffordable that only your mommy and daddy can afford to get one...at least it wasn't so in my case.

Every single PS3 comes with a hard drive built in. There has NEVER been a PS3 that came without one.

666HailSatan666 0

Did anyone take into consideration that this FML may have happened years ago? And whats wrong with the PS2? Just because it is "so old", doesn't mean its crap. There are people out there who still play with their Atari 2600's and even prefer it over most newer generation consoles.

HiddenAce91 6

Hell if I could get my Sega Genesis, I'd play the hell out of those games.

biscuiteater 0

#89. I miss my Sega Genesis. I just HAD to sell it at a yard sale... *sigh* OP, If he plays the PS2 with you = keeper. If he doesn't AND since he forgot the anniversary = not a keeper.

Seriously! I bought an N64 with a couple controllers and all the games I know my boyfriend loves (Goldeneye FTW!) for our two year anniversary and he loves the SHIT out of that thing. He said it was the best gift anyone has ever given him and it was amazing that I came up with that idea on my own. We both have so much fun playing Super Smash and Mario Kart together; the N64 versions are more fun than the Wii versions I think. However, I keep one-upping myself though and there comes a point that I'm starting to run out of ideas. I bought him a humidor with all the gadgets included and 20 cigars last year and now I have no idea what the hell to do this year. Being the best girlfriend ever is pretty ******' hard.

supernerd352 7

3 things 1 i got a sega that works!!! 2 i have 2 inbox (my grandma bought them for my aunts that didnt want them) but anyway 3 i was offered $800 for tthem and i declined i love them to much

aww I can understand your disappointment, but it's kind of cute really. I mean, he wasn't being thoughtless or inconsiderate - he clearly just forgot. My boyfriend and I started out ambiguously so i never really expect him to remember our anniversaries... but I like doing stuff for him on those days. If you want him to know, tell him it was for your anniversary and that it's important for you that he remembers. But really, it's not a big deal at all -- and after all you got a sweet kiss ;)

fmyduck 0

YDI for buying a PS2. He was obviously trying to make you feel good by setting up the present as opposed to chucking it out the window.

Why get mad at him? Yeah, you could be a little mad, but it's not so bad he forgot. After all, maybe he doesn't remember the exact day you guys started dating.

Girls are pathetic, YDI for not giving him a PS3