By Anonymous - 07/04/2014 17:43 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, in an attempt to potty train my step-son, my boyfriend and I put underwear on him, hoping that when he peed himself, he would realize using the potty is the way to go. Instead, he peed while sitting on the couch, got up, took off the underwear, and then switched seats. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 667
You deserved it 13 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Almost there! Next time use a diaper with underwear on the inside. That way he'll learn not to pee anywhere because he gets wet, which he obviously dislikes. That's also great for kids who wet their beds.

Seems he is grown man and can solve his own problems... Lol

Just ask ask and ask...that's what I have done with my nephews and that has worked....

He's your stepson but you're with your boyfriend? Sounds legit.

Merylwen 24

Uh? He's her boyfriend's son, therefore her stepson.

Korra_fml 23

uh? 50, it's HER BOYFRIEND'S son. that's all there is to it. not hers. he would be her step-son if it were her HUSBAND. she will not become the boy's step-mother until they get married. until then, to the boy she is just "my dad's girlfriend".

They could have been together long enough that she considers the boy her son and the boy could just as easily call Op his mom. Chill. A ring doesn't make a family just as blood doesn't a family. Love does. If Op wants to call him her son, let her.

It irritates me that people believe that if you aren't married then you aren't a mother figure in your significant other's child's life. We don't want to get married but I am just as involved in my step son's life as his bio mom. He considers me his step mom. marriage is for everyone else to not judge, not to prove your love for one another.

imagineapc 11

Well 73, it irritates me that you feel the need to post the same shit several times.

rocker_chick23 27

My father had the same girlfriend for 20 years. I am her step daughter and she is my step mother. Isn't it sad that people automatically assume you have to be married to have a step child?

Both of my boys peed in their underwear too. I had to make them sit on the potty every 2 hours for a week. They each got the hang of it by that time. Hang in there.

Now that kid is a genius. Practical and efficient.

If he's not old enough to wear underwear yet, he might not be old enough to control his bladder and bowels. Still, I'd like a follow up to clarify the child's age, then we could get in people with experience to help you out, OP.

uh, you realise the point of potty training is so the child is able to wear underwear, right? you dont just get to some age and suddenly are old enough to wear underwear.

yeah bit you also don't put underwear on a 6 month old. age is a factor on if he is ready. gotta love non-parents lol

#88 and where does it say that its a 6 month old? parents can start trying to potty train their kid when they feel the time is right, whether it be 6 months old or 12 months old.

kittcatt 8

Uh no they need to be able to at least sit up on their own, walk, and be able to reach the toilet (whether they use the adult toilet or a potty chair for kids) otherwise it is foolish to try to potty train them.

Where exactly did you envision him sitting/standing when he inevitably peed himself that wouldn't have sucked? While holding him, on the carpet, the bed, the car?