By Anonymous - 05/12/2014 03:29 - United States - Roanoke

Today, I woke up with a swollen lump on my throat. It's extremely painful. My dad named it Gretchen and now talks about it as if it's a person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 949
You deserved it 2 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's in my head. But seriously, get that shit checked out.

Hey, at least he has a sense of humor. I hope he takes it seriously, though.

Comments

does your dad ..arranges a funeral fpr that lump once its gone...

heyitsbae 13

If it appeared overnight, it's worth going to the doctor. A friend of mine was diagnosed with lymphoma after lumps on her throat showed up suddenly. Luckily, it was diagnosed quickly and she is fine now.

Depends on where it is too though. My uncle just got lymphoma the second time around-first time round it was a lump in his chest, on the lung. Now it's two lumps in his neck. The OP's could be either: Throat Cancer Lymphoma Lymph Node Swelling. A Bite Or any kind of really bad infection in the throat, but it's still dependent on the location. Either way, OP definitely needs to have Dr looked at it to rule out the more serious stuff; as you said.

If it's serious, he'll probably feel pretty guilty. You should get that checked out, but it's actually pretty funny he's talking to it, unless it's cancer.

On or in? I know the post says on, which would indicate external, but most of the posts seem to be assuming the lump is -in- the throat when suggesting what it could be. Either way, if it's still there in a few data or gets worse, getting it looked at is a good idea.