By Anonymous - 10/08/2010 16:34 - United States

Today, I woke up to find a tick stuck to my eyelashes. The only way I know of to get it off is with fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 449
You deserved it 6 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MusicXisXii 0

Fire is how you kill them. You can get them off with tweezers. Just make sure you don't leave ANY part of the tick inside of your skin or on your eyelash or whatever.

Comments

there are special tweezers designed for removing ticks. they sell them at pet stores. grab the ****** as close to your skin as possible, don't squeeze too hard (you don't want to rip him apart) aand slowly start twisting him counterclockwise until he comes out. then check if no parts were left under your skin (legs or the head). if that is the case, go see a doctor. don't try sedating it with acohol or anything, it will indeed make the tick puke the soiled blood it got from you back into your body, and you seriously don't want that. i've removed countless ticks from my long-haired pets and a few ones from my own legs, and this method never failed.

benners 0

put liquid soap on a cotton ball and put it over it, it might sting ur eyes but it may hurt less than a burn

emilyxorawr 3

atleast it wasnt on yur eye :D

quinz 4
Silentium_fml 0

I have no idea why people think that removing a tick is some mystic art, get the proper type of tweezers and pull them out, I work at a vet, we do this almost daily.

Use nail polish. The quick dry stuff. Ticks breath through their skin thats how they can live and still burry thier head under the skin.

sallen0046 4

So instead of using the internet to seek out other methods of removal, you ran over here and posted about how ****** your life is. YDI for being a complete moron.

Burning the tick is the worst thing to do. VERY carefully, since the tick is attached to your eye, use tweezers to hold the tick in place. If it wont come free or it hurts to pull, grab a pair of nail-trimming scissors with your free hand and gently snip the couple of lashes that the tick is holding. I realize that by now this advice is moot. I thought maybe it would be rude to simply call you a moron for thinking that putting a flame near your freakin' eyeball was your BEST option...