By kelizabeth - 05/08/2009 18:17 - United States

Today, I went with my fiancé to meet his parents. He was really sweet the whole way there, and once we got there he introduced me as 'the girl I'm going to marry'. His parents took one look at me and said, "Are you sure?" I laughed, because I thought they were joking. They weren't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 129
You deserved it 3 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well seeing as you got engaged before meeting his parents i'm assuming you hadn't been dating for very long. So it's quite possible that it wasn't anything against you, The "Are you sure" could of meant "Are you sure you want to get married, you haven't been dating long"

doodlebug93 0

i think you mean in-laws, not step parents. :)

Comments

Be optimistic. Maybe they were testing their sons love for you (as unconditional and incontestable) and trying to assess if your marriage would be genuine?

Try not to let it get to u. Some people are just rude.

Lonely4 0

Were you dressed slutty or inappropriately? Major facial tatts? Nasty piercings? Fun and funky hair? That can be overwhelming for parents.

Why should we take marriage that seriously ? Who cares ? If two persons want to officialize their relationship by getting married, even if it doesn't last more than a couple of years, so what ? When marriage was actually until death, people died at 35, maybe 40.. and it had nothing to do with the couple's desire (it was always a family arangement) Besides the OP is marrying her fiancé, not his parents.

You are already getting married and you JUST met his parents? sorry to hear your life sucks that hard

is there a special reason as to why?

Who the heck gets engaged before they meet someones parents o_O

JennyBee 0

Someone whose partner's parents don't live within driving distance, maybe?

TicTacAddict 0

Well, the parents could be living in another country, or the parents and the son/daughter may not be on good terms with the parents, or a whole bunch of other possibilities.