By regected - 30/08/2009 12:19 - United States

Today, I went to the movies with the girl I liked. She kept on eating my popcorn so I whispered in her ear "Pretty soon your going to have to repay me with kisses." Then she looked at me and walked out the theatre. She came back with a bucket of popcorn and said "Here, you're repaid." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 827
You deserved it 45 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe it's because you can't spell "you're" right.

Comments

id0nTgiv3af___ 0
shanedawsonfan 0

El oh el btw LOL to number 6 also

danceoo 0

it would have ben better if she was your girlfriend. but first date? turn OFF. bad pick up line!

IOwnedYou 0

The least the girl can do is kiss him, I mean, he did pay for everything.

RobinHood3000 0

Psst...just a hint...most girls don't like it when you act like they owe you something. Especially when said something is a physical favor. Sort of implies a certain level of prostitute-ness. On the plus side: Hey! Free popcorn!

marycontrary 0

Guys pay for things on a date as a gesture, not as a reimbursement plan. Especially a physical one. Honestly, just be glad she came back with popcorn. Actually, be glad she came back at all.

def creepiest line ever... even if I wanted him - and he said that - I would have been skeeved out!

bonjaaa 0

hahhaha , but i think you should take ur rights.

If I went to a movie with a guy and he bought popcorn and referred to it as "his popcorn" that would be the end of it for me.

I know you were probably just trying to be cute, but from the female's perspective: It is very unsettling for a girl when a guy thinks he's "entitled" to her favours and suddenly she can't relax or accept anything from him anymore because she's wondering what it means she'll be expected to do. You turned what was probably a fun and relaxing situation into a very tense one for her. It would have been different if you had just gave a sign of your affection for her without holding something over her head because then it wouldn't be that you DESERVE her kisses but that, if it was going well and she wanted to, she would be gifting you with her kisses, if that makes sense. Or if she wasn't ready for that, well, you weren't rushing her and putting pressure on her and let her choose her own timing. She didn't want to owe you anything taht would put pressure on her, that's why she bought you a popcorn so she wouldn't. She was just evening things out again. And yeah, you were joking, I know, and you were being light-hearted about it. But you sort of meant it in a tiny way. She was probably joking, and being light-hearted about it, but sort of meaning it in a tiny way, too. I think if you had been dating for a while and "kissing" was already a part of your relationship it would've been cute. Good news is, depending on the girl and how she feels about you, the situation is still salvagable. I think if you apologise to her and explain that you didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable, she might give you a second chance. Except if she does, take it slower and let her decide on the pace.