By Anonymous - 12/10/2015 02:02 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital for a scan. The tech went wide-eyed and stared at his screen in horror before realizing I could see him. He wouldn't tell me what he saw, apparently only my doctor is allowed to do that. So now I have to wait for god knows how long to get my results back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 037
You deserved it 1 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The tech can't legally tell you. But in all honesty he could be wrong. In the hospital I have had techs say someone had cancer/stroke/ etc. which they didn't. Or that someone is completely normal and fine, but were full of cancer.

You'll get to know soon OP. You'd rather hear it from a professional anyways. The tech could just see something normal that he thinks is off.

Comments

I'm so sorry OP!!!! I wouldn't worry until there's something definite to worry about!!! I know its easier said than done but just try!!! I'd love a followup!!!!

Pretty sure it's illegal for you to not follow up on this for us

Hopefully by now you know and can give us an update..

lksdliz 9

Yeah, are you sure that the tech isn't just an asshole? If all he did was make a face without saying anything, you can't come back later and say "Well, he looked all horrified!" You have no proof... I'm sure he knows that he can be seen from where the patient is.

He probably saw The largest prostate tumor he has seen in his life

Hello OP! I am actually in training to become a tech. Although they teach us a lot about medical indications, in the field we only need those if the patient needs to be treated immediately, according to what we see on the scan. Seeing that your tech had no problem letting you wait a few days for the outcome, it probably means that it isn't life threatening right now. Good luck on the actual outcome!