By DaChief - 31/05/2016 03:17 - United States - Highland Park

Today, I went to the doctor. They did a test and said they would email me the results. My girlfriend saw the email that said "The test was positive", and now she thinks I'm cheating on her with someone named Doctor Johnson. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 364
You deserved it 1 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SmittyJA24 26

WHY does your GF have access to your email? Control issues? My wife doesn't dig into my email / Facebook / phone calls / etc & I don't look at her stuff.

Just tell her the truth, if she cares enough she will understand

Comments

You came positive from crazy girlfriend syndrome. Doctor prescribed you leave while you can.

stangbang92 17

Is it just me or would anyone else think "the test was positive" coming from a doctor. Would automatically think he has an std?

the real mystery is what OP was being tested for

I didn't think doctors would give results by email. Hell, they won't even give you results over the phone here, just tell you to come see them.

Wouldn't test results be communicated via phone call?

FYL OP; not even for your crazy girlfriend but because testing positive to anything sucks. hopefully it's easy to treat!

stevenbro 6

Wow--is she 12 or just, I don't know, stupid?

Guys my gf and I are open we look thru each other's fb email texts and everything together we get some good laughs from spam plus a lot of what we send to others is about both of us and the replies are for both of us. It's just some relationships are open on thinks like this. It's not trust or control issues all the time.

Isn't this completely against HIPAA? You can't have that sort of information in a subject of an email, I thought... Even if you got a positive result, they would say "Important information from your doctor's office" or something like that?

It is. Pretty sure that if the state medical board caught wind of that, the doctor could loose his/her license to practice

Isn't this completely against HIPAA? You can't have that sort of information in a subject of an email, I thought... Even if you got a positive result, they would say "Important information from your doctor's office" or something like that?