By DaChief - 31/05/2016 03:17 - United States - Highland Park

Today, I went to the doctor. They did a test and said they would email me the results. My girlfriend saw the email that said "The test was positive", and now she thinks I'm cheating on her with someone named Doctor Johnson. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 364
You deserved it 1 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SmittyJA24 26

WHY does your GF have access to your email? Control issues? My wife doesn't dig into my email / Facebook / phone calls / etc & I don't look at her stuff.

Just tell her the truth, if she cares enough she will understand

Comments

SmittyJA24 26

WHY does your GF have access to your email? Control issues? My wife doesn't dig into my email / Facebook / phone calls / etc & I don't look at her stuff.

pussy_crusher 7

My fiancé uses my laptop when he can't find his and will sometimes see the emails when the notifications pop up. Probably not the same situation though, as he would never assume I was cheating because of an email!

Maybe she was sitting near him when he got the email. Sometimes that happens.

If you really have nothing to hide, then there should be no problem.

#29 Thats the most lame excuse ever. If the girl didn't have trust issues, she wouldn't have to or need to check anything, its just childish.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

If you've done nothing wrong, you've earned your right to privacy

#2 - My husband keeps TRYING to give me access to his email and various passwords. I keep shrugging and going "okaaaay", then not bothering to remember them. I guess some people think lack of privacy = closeness...?

I have access to all of my husband's accounts and he has access to mine. We also don't go digging through one another's shit. It's called trust.

Then there should be no problem? There was nothing to hide and look what happened...

#42, if your husband wants to share his personal info with you then I say let him. Maybe for him full disclosure does = closeness. Better than the alternative of him going out of his way to hide everything.

My husband can read my email and I can read his. That's called being spouses and parents and not having time for silly privacy complexes when you are trying to organize multiple schedules.

I love reading some of the texts my BF gets (spam because his number used to be his moms who signed up for everything lol) and he looks at my phone. Neither of us have anything to hide so it doesn't matter.

dreadseeker313 6

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever read

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

I know my partners passwords but never go looking too.

wysegirl 24

My husband and I have access to everything of each others. The difference is do we really care to view the others privacy unless asked or need something from the others accounts.

Just tell her the truth, if she cares enough she will understand

gabechriswill 19

Your girlfriend seems just a little crazy- Assuming you haven't cheated before. My initial thought would be that it is a message from an actual doctor concerning real issues- not that you are cheating with a doctor. Just explain the situation OP

This seems like a pretty simple misunderstanding to explain.

maybe i'm missing something, but "The test was positive" doesn't exactly scream sexytimes to me.

I think she interpreted "the test was positive" as a pregnancy test which is why she's assumed cheating now.

ohhhh, right...I get it now. thank you and fml, I always need interpreters

Or it could be HIV, One of them had to be cheating for him/her to be HIV positive.

19990231 29

Im guessing the gf thought the doctor Johnson had a positive pregnancy test?

I doubt this would be the subject line, and if she really did read your whole email, then I doubt a doctor would be so vague as to simply say "the results are positive" and not be specific as to what test results.

That there is a company called Doc Johnson that makes and sells sex toys doesn't help your case.

get a new girlfriend dude that ones not all there, seriously I had a friend whose girlfriend plotted to kill me because I patted him on the head

19990231 29

These situations are a bit different...