By Anonymous - 18/05/2011 04:38 - Australia

Today, I went to the doctor for a sore throat. The doctor wasn't wearing any shoes. He said that he doesn't believe in pharmaceuticals and that it's 'all about vitamins', and he gave me a flyer for a vitamin mail order company. Then he showed me photos of his holidays. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 769
You deserved it 4 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Did he drive up in a fried-out combie? From the hippie trail, head full of zombie? He's probably right about the vitamins -- it's good to see there are some doctors out there who are not in the pocket of Big Pharma . . . or, for that matter, Big Shoe ;)

Comments

TURN HIM INTO YOUR STATE MEDICAL BOARD!

a_nutritionist 10
SteelCladAngel 0

I'd love to have drs like that here. we get the boring uptight nitwits that are all about making the $$ and hand out prescriptions like they're candy. seriously, I hate meds...'oh let's give you a prescription that has side affects of sore throat and nosebleeds'

I like this doctor! what's his name? where does he practice?

EvilDave 13

Doesn't Australia have socialized medicine? You get what you deserve.

62 if you mean a choice between a public health system paid by small tax contribution by all or private medicine the envy of much of the world yeah australia has a socialized medical system. How about you actually do some research instead of making asinine uninformed comments?

ReynshineCutting 10

You have heard of this little thing called strep throat right? That's highly contagious? And very painful? And curable with antibiotics?

ReynshineCutting 10

Why are people saying you shouldn't go to the doctor over something "as little as a sore throat"? What if it's strep throat? That's highly contagious and curable with antibiotics. It's also possible with a sore throat for your throat to swell up and it can close off and suffocate you. I had bronchitis once and had to go to the ER because my throat was closing up and I could barely breathe. Yes some sore throats are no big deal but others are serious.

styphon 5

swell up? antibiotics are given to prevent scarlet fever, pharyngeal abscess and rheumatic fever. If it wasn't for these complications, we would not treat strept throat as it almost always resolves on its own.

ReynshineCutting 10

Your throat could swell up from other conditions (not necessarily strep) which could be life threatening. Either way, a severe sore throat shouldn't be ignored because of swelling or the complications you mentioned (that I didn't know about. Learn something new every day (: ) That was all my point was.

nujeyla 0

Its either u lookin 4 attention or its the PMS...Whateva it is, get a lyf n shut that ****** stinkin mouth!

styphon 5

I tell them to gargle with salt water and take Tylenol for pain :p but then again I wear shoes and eat drug companies free food.