By embarrassment - 12/06/2009 13:46 - Canada

Today, I went to a family dinner. While waiting to be seated, a guy walked by and I looked to see if he was hot. Then my grandma yelled, "Get your eyeballs back in your head and quit staring at boys!" The whole restaurant heard her. Including the guy. And yes, he was hot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 392
You deserved it 8 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you had acted on it, this could have been an epic icebreaker. Embarassing for a short time, yes, but it gives you a great way to start talking to him. I wish this would happen to me.

Comments

Boys are a waste of time anyway. So u don't need to look~

#60 Seriously. Are you going to prefer the girl who looks at you like a circus freak, or the one who gives you a pleasant smile, subtly indicating that she finds you attractive? Ceteris paribus, of course.

soccerstar6115 0

I agree with #2 and #25. Such embarassing situations are awkward on first glance, but they are also a chance to show strength, courage, independence and self-confidence. It's not about falling down, it's about standing up again :)

#74 FTW #73: when you quote my number...at least get it right. Your asking me who I am? I actually don't care who you are or what you've done, you're just being a fag on the internet. "my point was that she was probably actually really fat, but just lying to herself. As in, she had "chunky ginormous flab" instead of "meat" on her bones." - who are YOU to assume that? You're telling me to "get it right" when you can't even see the person you're attacking and making a huge assumption when you don't know whether they're lieing or telling the truth. I highlight the word "probably", meaning you know nothing. You are a hypocrite, get it?

you don't know how to stare without being spotted? really??

Something similar happened to me. I was late to math class because I had just gotten into school, and arrived in the middle of the lesson. My teacher told me to "stop flirting with boys, and have your ass here". Literally. In a restaurant sounds a little bit worse though, because everyone is complete strangers.

SVelasquez 0

Now you know not to ogle guys in front of granny.

ChasinParkedCars 0

Yeah, I mean imagine if he wasn't hot.. Or was very creepy. I think you lucked out, honestly.