By mel - 18/01/2013 23:18 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I went to a family dinner. My grandma wasted no time calling me a slut for not wearing a dress, my dad called my police officer boyfriend a "fucking pig", and then he told my mother to "put a cock in it" when she defended me. No wonder I hardly ever visit these people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 018
You deserved it 3 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wannabesinger 16

I think that's the first time I've ever heard of anyone being called a **** for NOT wearing a dress. And here I thought my family was weird.

SApprentice 34

Your family has some serious issues then, your father especially. From this one example, he seems very abusive, at least verbally, and I feel bad for you for having to be raised around a man like that. You should try to cut them out of your life, to protect yourself. Don't exhaust your emotional resources trying to change your relationship with them, because they're not going to change unless they want to. Maybe you could try to find a way to talk to your mother, though, without involving the others, since she stuck up for you. She's probably pretty miserable herself, being stuck around that all the time, so she might appreciate having some more communication with you, OP. Your life does suck though, and I honestly hope it'll get a little better for you. I hate abusive parental figures.

Comments

I'm so sick of wannabe therapist posting serious crazy long comments. I thought FML was meant to make ppl laugh.

I said YDI. I hate cops. And I laughed so hard at what your dad said to your mom. People take it too far. I don't think it was abusive simply because the language was vulgar.

That's family! I wouldn't go back if I were you! Where the hell were these people raised?

At least your mum tried sticking up for you...

Nice family there OP. surprised no one got knocked out.

How does anyone deserve this? More than half of these YDI's have to be people hitting the wrong button.. FYL OP

wow... and I thought my family was nuts. sorry OP.

Calling his daughters police officer boyfriend a "******* pig" telling his wife to "put a **** in it" this is one of the coolest dads ever lol

So change "hardly ever" to "never"! Either that, or be prepared to fire back ten times harder. Besides, if you get your father pissed enough and he swings, your boyfriend can haul him off!