By mel - 18/01/2013 23:18 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I went to a family dinner. My grandma wasted no time calling me a slut for not wearing a dress, my dad called my police officer boyfriend a "fucking pig", and then he told my mother to "put a cock in it" when she defended me. No wonder I hardly ever visit these people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 018
You deserved it 3 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wannabesinger 16

I think that's the first time I've ever heard of anyone being called a **** for NOT wearing a dress. And here I thought my family was weird.

SApprentice 34

Your family has some serious issues then, your father especially. From this one example, he seems very abusive, at least verbally, and I feel bad for you for having to be raised around a man like that. You should try to cut them out of your life, to protect yourself. Don't exhaust your emotional resources trying to change your relationship with them, because they're not going to change unless they want to. Maybe you could try to find a way to talk to your mother, though, without involving the others, since she stuck up for you. She's probably pretty miserable herself, being stuck around that all the time, so she might appreciate having some more communication with you, OP. Your life does suck though, and I honestly hope it'll get a little better for you. I hate abusive parental figures.

Comments

I'm from the same place as the author and maybe it's just a New Zealand thing, maybe it's a worldwide thing but there's a lot of ******** parents and families over here. My family are exactly the same, hence why I visit them maybe once every 5 years.

I agree. Mine is the same. Well mainly my mum. It's ridiculous haha

bredahl 26

Well at least someone's trying to stick up for you. Did your boyfriend try to defend you?

Where's the perdix comment? He has alot to work with in this one. Lol

Hahah And now its time to try his family! :D

I feel your pain! The last time I went to visit my mum in nz I was losing my mind after 10 mins.

Reminds me of why I don't visit or talk to my family

Lol! Put a **** in it. That's quite clever actually.

Your whole family is concerned about your hearing op. Your grandma called you a "nut" for not wearing a dress. (to show off your attractive figure!) When your boyfriend asked, what's for dinner?, your dad replied, ''duckling pig,'' which he then reminded your mom to"put a **** in it". This is an old family recipe, Pig, stuffed with duckling, stuffed with rooster.

Well... I feel slightly better about my messed up family. I drink lots of wine when I visit them... it seems to take away the feeling of someone yanking away my soul... try it maybe?

Gees if that's how they treat family then screw them! Your boyfriend has got to have thick skin though, I'm pretty sure he's been called worse on the job and hopefully this one encounter with your family doesn't chase him away!