By rejectedmidair - 13/11/2009 07:14 - United States

Today, I went through with my elaborate plans to propose to my girlfriend with creativity. I took her skydiving and proposed in midair. She rejected it. Why? She wanted a more "traditional" proposal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 212
You deserved it 7 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time, bring some cows and offer them to her father in return for his daughter. Traditional.

Sucks, to go through all that preparation and to be rejected. She doesnt deserve to be with you if she can't understand all the work you went through for that proposal.

Comments

To all the people saying they wouldn't be able to understand eachother he could have proposed while parachute was out. To the op: sounds like an awesome proposal don't propose for a long time and make her bring the subject up again also YDI for not knowing your gf is one of the traditional kinds.

YDI! And sorry, the girl doesn't deserve what's being said. Why do guys today think that wild proposals are so great? They suck; you lose rings, some get injured, etc. Did you think she would feel the romance when she's thinking about plummeting to the earth!

This should be a warning to you... if you marry this girl, nothing you do will be right. She sounds like the kind who will complain about everything you do. Good luck with the marriage. Don't have kids.

lol.. i kiiinda understand the girl though, i wouldnt wanna be proposed to like that..something just simple and romantic would do..something that showed her you loved her rather than showing that you can be all creative and stuff

Your girlfriend sounds extremely ungrateful and boring. So what if it's not "traditional"? Traditional is boring and unoriginal. It's obvious that you put in a lot of thought into this proposal, and she was too much of a bitch to see that. This is what happens when some of these girls get these dumb ideas in their heads of their wedding, proposal, etc... and are throwing fits because it's not EXACTLY how they pictured it. Seriously, who gives a ****? What matters is that you proposed to her/married her, right? FYL.

Sounds like she doesn't care about all the planning and thoughts you put into makeing this happen. I say dump her. What is going to be next that she doesn't like??? Sounds like a spoiled little brat to me. If you do marry her make sure you plan to be perfect for the rest of your life if not sounds like you are going to have to listen to her temper tantrums forever.... arrrggggg..... I wouldn't do it.

The OP should have known better if he thinks he's ready to pop the "big question". I don't think it's fair to call this girl a bitch for turning down a proposal because it wasn't to her liking. She obviously has her ideas on how it should go and I bet she wants to be able to tell her friends and their grandchildren the wonderful story one day. If she wants romance and a sweet proposal, then give it to her. And I also don't think it's a show of "what she'll be like later on". Most girls are picky when it comes to their proposals and their weddings. It's something very few don't dream about all their lives. I am not the romantic type. How did my husband "propose"? He gave me a ring and said: "You know what that is, right?" and I knew and it was perfect. We were married by a government official with two friends as witnesses. Just like I'd always wanted. I think if my husband had made me dinner and got down on one knee I would have laughed til wine came out my nose. Does that make me a bitch? I don't think so. Better luck next time, OP.

Didn't edit in time. Gosh! I just wanted to add that she was probably also hurt and disappointed that her boyfriend, a man she's clearly seriously considered marrying, was so off-base on how she wanted to be proposed to.

vanillakiss20 0

um, this is fake because mythbusters did a show with skydiving people talking to each other and they couldnt understand anything the other was saying. its a cute thought though, i would have enjoyed it.

I believe you, but you are about to hear from other posters "Didn't you read the other comments???... blah blah blah... You can while the parachute is open... blah blah blah..." I seriously want to believe this FML is fake. When Mythbusters was shown, did they test it with both the parachute opened and unopened?

Because some girls are actually fun and most guys would like to think that their girlfriend belongs to that group.