By rejectedmidair - 13/11/2009 07:14 - United States

Today, I went through with my elaborate plans to propose to my girlfriend with creativity. I took her skydiving and proposed in midair. She rejected it. Why? She wanted a more "traditional" proposal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 212
You deserved it 7 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time, bring some cows and offer them to her father in return for his daughter. Traditional.

Sucks, to go through all that preparation and to be rejected. She doesnt deserve to be with you if she can't understand all the work you went through for that proposal.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

well, she sounds like a selfish twit. Had you proposed the old fashioned way, she would have whined that it wasn't original.

a skydive proposal? that is just for the win!

Well I kind of agree with the Op's girl. I mean I got proposed to after trying on clothing, out of no where in front of my mom. It put me on the spot and was not easy for me to think about it. She was probably more worried about staying alive and her shute to open then marrying you. Try instead to give her only the time to think about the possibility of the "us" you two will become instead of survival and marriage.

Dude, your girlfriend sucks. That would be like, a perfect surprise proposal to me. I can't believe she turned you down.

Calling fake unless you held up a sign or the ring. Holding up the ring is just stupid as it can fall out of your hand, a sign is dangerous and no certified jumper will let you do that. It's impossible to hear anything while you're skydiving, and good luck trying to read lips. The only way this could work is if you were certified and she was tandom with you and you proposed after deploying.

-Message somehow on chute. -Message somehow on skydiving outfit or body. -Ring sewn on to suit and revealed. -Proposal right before jump. -Possible tandem proposal after deployment. -Possible sign language or other gesturing that would be obvious. There's probably a ton of other possibilities that a creative person could think of. Don't call fake because you aren't creative enough to think up a way to do it.

I've seen videos of wedding proposals done during skydiving. Like said before, you can hear after the chute is deployed. Or you could always have a sign. And who the hell said he even had a ring, genius? To the OP, what a b*tch. This is a sign of how things will be in your marriage - rejected if not to her "good enough" standards. I suggest heading for the hills.

According to Mythbusters there is no way you could have heard each other while skydiving, even if you shouted into her ear.

plutosaplanet 0

i went skydiving. once the shute opens you can hear. everything gets silent. its when you are falling fast to the ground pre shute opening you cant hear anything but your girlish screams

perdix 29

She is right. The man has to get down on a knee and look up to ask her to marry him. That way, he gets used to the idea of her looking down on him . . . for the next 60+ years.

Get away from this one quick man, it only gets worse from here.

This is a full grade bs fml. if you know anything about skydiving u would know it is impossible to hear a person shouting at u right in front of u. Number #19 also points this out.

Vrathal 0

#22 points out how it COULD be done. It may not be true, but it at least might be.

mojopen 0

i think it shows how you don't really pay attention to her personality or what she would like. the elaborate woop-de-doo seemed purely self-serving and something that only you would think is "cool" (if the story is even true).