By mywillyisdisappointed - 05/12/2015 01:57 - United States

Today, I went out with a girl I've been dating. I dropped her off and she finally asked me if I wanted to come in. When I did, she asked me to change a light bulb in her kitchen, and then promptly sent me home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 740
You deserved it 3 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theoldman 22

How many dates does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one, it seems.

Comments

ChaiseT 16

Look on the bright side, you helped her out. She's in your debts.

What, is OP going to be like "well I helped you change your lightbulb, sooo you owe me sex"? It's a good thing he helped her out, but she doesn't owe him, it's a favor.

Pretty sure #1 was just trying to make a pun

ChaiseT 16

It was poorly executed, but yes I was trying.

theoldman 22

How many dates does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one, it seems.

Funny, but I don't think this was their only date since OP says they've been dating.

I don't mean to make light of this, but you can't go expecting her to turn your bulbs too unless you're forward to her

You tried way to hard and just ******* killed it... Boo on you

Lmao alright, does picking on strangers on the Internet make you guys feel good? Your parents should be proud. I made a pun, didn't quite hit it right and now you're being a dick. ??

Don't take things so personally mate :) it's just the Internet.

Calm down dude lol someone simply told you that you tried too hard which u did

Okay, you didn't try to hard. Does that make you feel better?

How many nice guys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Only one, but he'll still manage to finish it last.

RedPillSucks 31

silly, nice guys don't fit in a lightbulb

theroxors19 12

you should have offered to screw something else other than her "lightbulb" ;)

You're dating someone. Don't get greedy. If you're that desperate for sex then YDI

Maybe sex is a way to closer to someone on a physical level. Maybe OP has been dating her for a few months and wanted to take their relationship to the next step. Maybe you're a little dumbass.

I'm thinking #7 has an odd view on sex. When I was dating I was firstly looking for a friendship, secondly looking for a physical compatibility, then an emotional connection. While I appreciate that these 3 things may have different importance or priority to each individual, my point is that while "dating" I'd expect sex at some point... Not "greedy" at all.

Not all relationships strive off sex. Some people have a low libdo, are uncomfortable with it, or want to remain chaste until marriage. Dating shouldn't guarantee sex, but it's nice to have. Wanting sex isn't greedy, unless you've only been dating for a little bit. It's how humans are, and wanting sex isn't a bad thing, but pressuring and expecting it from your partner is a little rude. If you did something for someone, they don't "owe" you. Expecting it will lead to disappointment more likely than not. Not expecting it might lead to a pleasant surprise sometime.

KhaleesiDannie 26

Respect for the girl. She wanted something and she got it

@14- did you look at that girl? If she's single it's because she wants to be.

Being attractive just makes it easy to find someone. A horrible personality won't help you keep them.

Yeah, by that statement and username, I am certain that "crudeandrudeguy" definitely chases after girls with amazing personalities. He should take a look at himself.