By FUCK A FUCKING DUCK - 23/11/2012 17:20 - Bahamas - Nassau

Today, I went out and bought a copy of Black Ops 2. I got home and opened the case, only to see the game disk was missing. When I went back to the store to complain, the guy at the desk accused me of trying to pull an old scam on him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 062
You deserved it 2 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

I don't think two ducks ******* will appreciate you joining in...

pheebs314 17

The opposite happened to me last year. I got an extra game in my bag and had to return it. It was kind of awkward...

Comments

xbox2king 6

Ouch that sucks, I had the same thing happen to me with GTA 4, the case was wrapped, but no disc when I opened it. Hopefully someone else there will let you return it

That sucks big time, I'm sorry, OP. Well, it's a lesson learned: check what you buy before leaving next time.

chrissy2 28

"Is it I who scammed you? or YOU who scammed ME??"

FadedShadow 4

That happened to me too! I had gotten GOW 2 for Christmas and opened it immediately only to find the disk not there..I had to wait a few days just to avoid the hour+ long wait in Walmart's customer service..thankfully everyone there knows and trusts me and gave me a new game!

Dude! If you have the serial number, you can just download it via Steam!

Wouldn't make any difference I'm afraid. When returning a purchased product, you need the receipt to prove that you've actually purchased the product in that very store, and to prove when you purchased it. That's not the problem here. The problem is that the guy at the desk didn't believe that the disk was missing. He assumed that OP just removed the disk himself, and brought back the empty case and made up a story to get his money back, resulting in a free copy of the game.

That happened to me with a 3DS, the box was sealed but there wasn't a 3DS in it and the charger was one of those 'fancy' ones with a head for GBC, GBA, DS, DSLite/i/iXL and 3DS. It was quite weird, but the mangers in ASDA/Walmart knew me at the time and changed it no prob.

DUDE this happened to me 3 days ago when I bought (the case for) Without a Paddle.