Silver linings

By Anonymous - 06/09/2023 04:00

Today, my mom died suddenly in a car crash on holiday in Spain. My husband has been struggling not to smile like a Cheshire Cat all fucking day because 1) they hated each other and 2) mom was as rich as Croesus and I’m her only child. I want my mom back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 186
You deserved it 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

keep the money and make him say nice things about her to earn an allowance. FYL that does suck. Man can hate his inlaws all he wants but he does need to at least PRETEND to support you

dirtykirt 3

You have my sympathy. Losing a Mother is very heartbreaking. I don’t understand how your husband can be such an arse.

Comments

keep the money and make him say nice things about her to earn an allowance. FYL that does suck. Man can hate his inlaws all he wants but he does need to at least PRETEND to support you

dirtykirt 3

You have my sympathy. Losing a Mother is very heartbreaking. I don’t understand how your husband can be such an arse.

ODBeefalo 10

this isn't that weird. My coworkers inlaw is a piece if work. treats her daughter like crap, shows up in a time of need and makes her feel like being their is a chore, or just doesn't show up then blames the daughter. but because of how much Gaslighting happens she thinks her mother is pretty good unless she makes her mom angry. there is no love between my coworker and inlaw. Ops husband should 100% be in comfort mode, and keep his joy to himself, but I do get why he could not see the issue with being happy about this.

How can one be happy when s.he knows their SO is heart broken. Sorry for your lose OP

n3rdn3ss 8

Sorry for your loss, of a dear sweet mother and what was once a husband. Hope other family members will come with comforting support you need.

damn, im so so sorry for you and your loss. that sucks. screw that asshole. cut him off

Inheritance, in my state, is kept by the woman in divorce. Divorce the man who is relishing in your grief and unhappiness. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I really hope you have an iron-clad prenup and that he won't see a penny of this money.

Hunny,if he is okay seeing you in pain like that. You should leave and never look back.

🫂 I'm sorry. Your other half is a walking red flag though. You keep that shit to yourself. You might want to rethink the relationship if he's so happy about this and the cash. He clearly has zero emotional investment in your feelings. He's just empirically proven that he'll never actually be there for you, just himself. Gloating about someones death to their child is horrific. Gloating about the cash is horrific. You need an actually functional partner. Not this psychopath. When someone shows you who they really are, Believe them.