By Anonymous - 12/03/2015 03:19 - United States - Watertown

Today, I went on a date with a guy I met online. It was going OK, until he started asking me if he should stick with the site until he finds the right person. I guess I know how he feels about me, at least. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 650
You deserved it 2 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well now you know that he isn't your right person either. Don't give up hope OP :)

Better to find out now then after putting a lot of effort into it first. Good luck OP you will be fine.

Comments

Well now you know that he isn't your right person either. Don't give up hope OP :)

OP, maybe you should tell him what he should stick! Best luck and happy hunting for your dream person :)

cryssycakesx3 22

however, I think if its a first date, up to say the 4th, it's an acceptable question. what'll he say? "oh thank god I can delete my profile now...."

Sounds like a first and last date. Hope you'll find your prince Charming somewhere OP

colton_colton 49

You'll find your perfect match! Don't worry about one online guy OP

its all about meeting new people. Dont worry about it and maybe you guys could become friends?

hippodankamus 22

Keep searching OP, you'll find the one eventually.

Friend zoned on a dating site...wow that's a new one

I think he was conveying he didn't want to date her rather than friend-zoning her. I may be wrong though.

That's literally friendzoning. Someone doesn't want to date the person and the person feels it's the worst thing in the world

TylerDV 11

Don't you kind of have to be friends first before you get friend zoned? This sounds like it was just a first date where the guy just wasn't interested in the girl.

There's also nothing suggesting that he wanted to have a friendship after the date, so it's just plain old rejection.

cryssycakesx3 22

I believe that's the exact opposite of "a need one"

Seems like a jerk! I'm sure your right guy will come along though!

ExtremeEncounter 32

Sounds more like he just didn't want to take the relationship any further as he didn't feel anything. Not necessarily a jerk.

IAmzephyr 22

I don't think he cares either way

Seems like an asshole. Don't worry OP your Prince Charming will come soon.

cryssycakesx3 22

Why is he an asshole? It seems to me like they went on a date to see if they were compatible, and he felt like OP was not right for him. If it's not there, you can't force it.

Your right, but just come out and say it. Either end it or just say we can hang out since we're out anyway and try to have fun. Don't ask if they should keep coming here for dates.

Better to find out now then after putting a lot of effort into it first. Good luck OP you will be fine.