By synn - 24/02/2010 05:19 - Singapore

Today, I went for a job briefing, and after that was told to do some editing for them. When I asked the person whether I was paid for the day, she laughed and said no. She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 560
You deserved it 3 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you could always write it off on your resume as volunteer work if you didn't get the job. other future employers will eat that sh*t up.

that is a screening tool for recruitment and selection...... realistic job previews. You do the job for the day and management and staff choose the person they think they would work the best with

Comments

How much work did you *do*? Are we talking about three hours of example work during the interview, or a full 8 hours? I'm not even in a liberal arts field, and I've been asked to write essays and pass exams during several job interviews. I was certainly never paid for this work, as it was part of the vetting process. I can imagine that they would put some sort of written test out for their prospective editors.

You do realise that legally you are entitled to pay for any work you do, be it training or not. You obviously should have checked up on that earlier, but if you have proof or something or other that you worked there I'm sure you could make them pay you. Some people make their profit from hiring unsuspecting people and then not paying them, getting a free days work out of it.

southpointchrysl 0

all these ones tht end with "she was serious" are fake.

Do the job, then destroy the work "accidentally" and leave and don't go back. If they don't want to pay you, there are plenty of other companies out there.