By anon - 26/12/2013 12:08 - Australia

Today, I watched "Time of the Doctor" and I'm pretty sure my love of Doctor Who slithered out through my ear and shamefully lodged itself in the darkest corner of the room, crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 551
You deserved it 8 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know your feels, Op. all whovians know your feels.. ♥

Wizardo 33

Just give it some wibbly wobbley timey wimey and the new Doctor will grow on you even if Moffat doesn't.

Comments

chocolatefrog28 29

There's not a sonic screwdriver powerful enough to turn this one around, but hold in there. It might get better.

Shh! Spoilers! Some of us haven't seen it yet!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Now, I'll give you ten seconds to run before the fan base exiles you from the internet.

123 WHOVIANS WHOVIANS WHOVIANS! AFTER HIM! Grrrrr

Whooligans listen to The Who. Whovians watch Doctor Who.

doglover100 28

Anyone who has loved a TV show a lot has done that.

*spoiler alert* Whilst i understand the lack of an epic regeneration (because it's a new set, so should follow the original series and also he used his energy to destroy the daleks) i thought it was a real shame for the nuwho fans. But the thing that i thought was worst of all, was the lack of the valeyard. According to canon, matt should have become the valeyard before regenerating into peter capaldi's doctor. But the thing about doctor who is that he is not supposed to re-write his own history... So to remove the valeyard is an insult to the old series and was a real shame in my opinion. The storyline itself was also quite weak and lacked any substance. Especially following the 50th anniversary episode itself. The only redeeming feature was Matt's acting. Moffatt is a good writer, but he just seems to be incapable of heading two massive programmes at the same time which is understandable. Doctor who is the biggest it has ever been. But it could potentially lose viewers... He really should step down now.

amayasoma 19

That's how I felt. if not for Matt, s acting I doubt I would have liked that episode much.

Matt's acting was brilliant. Unfortunately he seems to be suffering from the same affliction which Tom Baker had (brilliant acting with shit story writing). I hope that Matt is remembered as a good doctor by the history of Doctor Who in the same way that Tom has been... and that Moffett hasn't destroyed his character...

strangeite 4

Same. Moffat's episodes under Davies' run were some of my favorites, and his first couple of seasons were pretty good, but at this point it's just gotten too convoluted and too big for him to handle. A new showrunner would be most welcome. Matt's acting was excellent as always, but he deserved a better send off

You fail to remember though, they've changed the canon from Gallifrey being destroyed to being sent into a pocket universe. Not to mention the destruction and re-birth of the entire universe, with that alone, he could have changed his destiny.

Well actually no, because the Doctor could have only assumed he destroyed Gallifrey (also the fact that only 11 knows it even worked) it could just be that Gallifrey was never destroyed to begin with. There would have been no way for 9 and 10 to remember due to the paradox. And because bad wolf was there it was clearly part of the doctor's history anyway.

strangeite 4

David is my Doctor and always will be, but I do like Matt and Chris, too (unfortunately I have seen much Classic Who, but Tom Baker is pretty fantastic)

That wasn't Bad Wolf - it was the interface for the Moment. It decided that she would be a good HID.

I know how you feel. It was an emotional episode. The new Doctor has some big shoes to fill, as there have been many wonderful Doctors before him. I recommend everyone who hasn't already, watch the 50th Anniversary Day of the Doctor episode along with the Time of the Doctor episode that was just on.

BadddWolf 10

We all did that OP, you are not alone :'(

I was actually just about to watch it.. I'm not sure if I dare to anymore :c Heck, always knew no new doctor could compare to David Tennant!

Time of the Doctor gave me more reasons to dislike Moffat..