By goodsister - 14/10/2009 08:09 - Canada

Today, I was yelled at and humiliated by my otherwise awesome brother-in-law for my supposed lack of effort in the planning of a baby shower for my very pregnant sister. The kicker? Her huge, break-my-bank semi-surprise baby shower has been in the works for a month and is happening this weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 604
You deserved it 2 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

misha1995 0

I get it. For all of you that don't, at the end it turns out she WAS planning one, a huge "break my bank" one, but it was a semi-suprise one so the guy yelling didn't know.

Joke's on him once the baby shower goes down. Hopefully he'll man up and apologize.

Comments

and why didn't the husband of the lady-getting-a-"semi surprise"-party-thrown-for-her know about this?

fretforyerlatte 0

why does it seem greedy for immediate family to throw the shower? they're not going to benefit from it. i could see if the woman was throwing HERSELF a shower, but what's wrong with say, your mom throwing you one? every one i've been to, including my own, the woman's mother threw.

Baby showers should not be surprise (or even semi-surprise) parties! What were you thinking? It's not about you, dear. And it was your choice if you spent too much money... your job is to supply the place and gather the people.

You're an ass for not telling him about it in the first place.

Seriously, no one is required to give anyone else a shower. Technically speaking, since this is your sister, you shouldn't be hosting the shower any way. Its bad manners. Your brother-in-law needs a swift kick in the junk for his total lack of manners. Are they going to be upset when they don't get all of their super expensive items on the registry? Serious entitlement issues.

YDI for not telling your brother in law about the baby shower. u should have told him for so many reasons. I highly doubt he would have ruined the surprise for your sister. and for the idiots who keep commenting on the 'very pregnant' thing it means she is very far along as in 8 months or whatever as opposed to only a couple months pregnant. dumbfucks criticising on the most stupid shit.

Baby showers are stupid anyway. It's like welfare. It rewards people for popping out kids, which any idiot can do. I mean, 14 year olds do it. Plus babies are ugly and undeserving of any recognition.

ProtoBuster_1 5

Well, that must mean you were (and probably still are) an /ugly/ SOB, since at one time, you were a baby too.

ChronicFAIL 0

No, agreed, I hate babies, and baby showers. Yes, babies are unspecial and they ARE ugly. Yes, even my own babyhood. All the maternal idiots will insist your baby pictures are adowable! but you know the truth...

satanstoystore 0

wtf? when his mouth moves then yours ceases to work? stand up for yourself.

why didnt you let him in on the surprise?

What's the difference between pregnant and very pregnant? More than one child?

Sugar_lipsXo 0

how many months along. 7,8, or 9 months is very pregnant.