By GoFigure - 15/06/2016 13:33 - Germany - Berlin

Today, my wedding is scheduled for next week. Today is also the day my whole family had an epic falling out, resulting in my mother disowning my brother. Apart from having them taking turns sobbing at me through the phone, they're also not coming to the wedding. I paid the hotel rooms in advance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 665
You deserved it 1 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm so sorry that this happened. It's your day and you should try to enjoy it with or without them. If they can find it in themselves to handle the situation like mature adults, hopefully they'll both still come to support you.

It's your day, darling. Don't let their childish actions ruin it for you!

Comments

It's your day, darling. Don't let their childish actions ruin it for you!

I'm so sorry that this happened. It's your day and you should try to enjoy it with or without them. If they can find it in themselves to handle the situation like mature adults, hopefully they'll both still come to support you.

Well, there's a chance that they'll get along again within a week! Sorry op.

This is where you put on your big girl panties and tell your family what you expect of them. If it was my wedding, I would tell them all, in no uncertain terms, that their drama is NOT to interfere with MY wedding day. They can behave themselves for a few hours then go right back to crying and hating each other, but anyone who brings it with them will be thrown out on the spot. For those who are not coming, tell them in an adult voice that you are very disappointed that one of the most important people in your life is choosing to miss one of the most important days in your life because of their quarrels with someone else. Don't yell. Don't tell them they have to go. Just tell them that it upsets you. I don't know how to go about the money because I doubt there was any kind of no show contract for something like this, but dang, I'd be pissed about that part. There is still the possibility that they will all show up anyway. My family is one of those that likes to tear things apart last minute and act like it's the end of the world, but then they all suck it up and go to whatever thing had been planned. Even if they don't show up, enjoy your day. You and your soon to be spouse will be there and you two are really the only ones that matter.

1mo2mo 12

That is just too long to read... Copying it for later***

Now you have a romantic night of reservation scalping to look forward to! You can make the sale, and your husband can pose as a rival for potential buyers. He can put on sunglasses and loudly chew gum while callously acting like money is no object for him, creating a small bidding war between him and potential buyers! Ah, what stories you two will have!

That sucks OP. You would think your family could put aside their differences for one day that is intended for you and your significant other.

have them pay you back if they're gonna act immature

for something like that I'd have them pay you back for it cuz that's just stupid.

So, what happened? I'm sure we all want to know

Guess we'll know in another week or so.

If they don't care enough to drop their petty squabbles and make it to your wedding, maybe you're better off without them...