By Telemarket - 04/04/2012 10:58 - United Kingdom - Glasgow

Today, I was woken up by a call from "the Nuisance Call Prevention Registry". The lady on the telephone didn't see the irony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 483
You deserved it 2 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Woman: Hello, this is the Nuisance Call Prevention Registry. Have I called you at a good time? OP: **** you, I'm sleeping. Woman: Excuse me? OP: I SAID **** YOU! Woman: Congratulations, you're now officially a nuisance.

Probably because "it's not her job to have a sense I humour" Damn peoples

Comments

Well, look on the bright side: it wasn't a telemarketeer trying to sell you something.

The ones not selling anything are usually the worst. At least they have a tangible good. The ones not selling anything generally fall into these three categories: Do you know who you're voting for this November? Have you heard the word of Jesus? Or This is the nuisance call prevention line... I'd much rather someone trying to sell me something than these dumbf*cks.

Michael_92 20

A nuisance is defined as "a person who is too damned lazy to open a dictionary and turn to the word 'nuisance'".

KiddNYC1O 20

lol i think she meant "what a nuisance".

The lack of intelligence never ceases to amaze.

Maybe she was blind... ?(????)? That was a terrible joke.

When I get a call like that, I talk to them for about 5 minutes after which I ask them if they would like to talk to my parents. Most of them hang up after that, not wanting to have to say it again.

Snafuusmc 12

Just yell obscenities in the phone that stopped the telemarketers calling me.

At least in the UK, the irony is worth a little chuckle. Here, we have to deal with agencies who spend $800,000 on conferences in Las Vegas. Its ironic when you find out that the purpose of this agency is to think of ways to SAVE MONEY. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but...are people paying taxes and having less food on the table so these people can bill 2-floor hotel suites and $75,000 warmup exercises to the taxpayers?