By spaaaarta - 25/07/2016 20:17

Today, I was washing my car, and I decided to be kind and to wash my elderly neighbor's car. As it turns out, her sunroof was open. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 695
You deserved it 12 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're one of those people who poops without checking for toilet paper first aren't you?

So, is spontaneously washing other people's cars a thing now?

Comments

That's sweet, but maybe ask first next time? Even if it wasn't open she may have been just about to go out, or already organised someone else to do it, ir whatever else.

Don't touch someone else's property without permission, even if it's to do a good deed.

This why you check the car thoroughly first, I put both oft sucks but you sort of deserved it, however the person who didn't was the lady the car belonged to.

How do you not notice the sun roof was open? YDI.

I would say it's a plus you didn't take it to an actual car wash...that might have been more of an issue...

I can see you just thought about how much wetter the car would be going through the car-wash without really thinking about the whole picture. If they had taken the car to the car-wash they would have to get permission and the keys, and would have likely noticed the open sunroof from inside the car. It would then be a kind gesture and no longer an FML.

I'm assuming the car was an SUV and you weren't tall enough to notice or the car was too tall...

species4872 19

I'm assuming your just stupid.

species4872 19

Gee thanks, my auto correct (missus) wasn't home.

Did you ask the neighbour? It was a nice thought but some people are very particular about letting others touch their car, and some might be offended someone had decided to wash it without asking.

Look before you leap. It's great your heart was in the right place, but next time just ask her or at least check to make sure no window or anything is down before you go doing that.

it's great you were being nice and all, but you really should have noticed this before you started. ydi