By loserman67 - 18/07/2016 12:04

Spicy
Today, I was told that the $8,500 bill for my new water well grew to $11,000 because of a fair amount of overtime. I learned that the men I hired to drill the new well at our home were spending the overtime drilling my daughter as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 855
You deserved it 2 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would definitely file a complaint with whatever business bureau for your area. Not only is that unprofessional behavior, they're trying to wheedle money out of you for dicking around.

How old is your daughter? What they did is kind of skeezy and unethical. I would probably talk to the owner about what the workers have been doing and the implication that it's been holding up the work and costing you money (that you shouldn't pay btw).

Comments

Complain, get your money back, and ruin these people.

Mathalamus 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#13 They absolutely don't - Overtime is only deserved if you actually spend said overtime doing the work you were hired to do - instead of the clients daughter.

And also, if you are a professional business, you ask the client for permission for overtime first. The client needs to approve any extra hours first.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

So if I'm doing a job and spend 3 hours ******* the clients son, I deserve to be paid extra for those 3 hours? What the ****?

I would file a complaint. they should have been professional toward you and your family since you hired them. you should tell them that you aren't going to pay for that because they weren't working on your well. depending on the age of your daughter, you could also get a lawyer. and you could also get a lawyer if they still want you to pay for the "overtime". sorry and good luck!

Aiden89 23

Sorry your daughter's a ****, OP.

Maybe you should should start drilling into the heads of the men who have been screwing you daughter ... In all honesty, you should refuse to pay a dime if they were dishonestly charging you for overtime while they were loafing around instead of working.

Goblin182 26

Charge the well company $12,000.00 for the services your daughter provided his employees while they were on the job.

Are you trying to say the daughter is a prostitute, and that her father decides how much she costs, as he would for a table or a horse he possess ?

JohnForge 13

That's not what he meant. Getting offended by everything. Ah America, the land of *******.

its sounds a little rapey please tell me it was consensual

how does them having sex sound rapey? what the hell?

r83839 22

The fact that she's young enough to still live with her dad, "men" is plural, and she doesn't know them. These strange men came over to work on the house, presumably when she was home alone since they were able to have sex alone. Those things make one raise one's eyebrows a bit and hope everything was consensual.

#34 he didn't say her age for all we know she could be in her mid 20s (in the US it isn't that uncommon with the prices of school and cost of living.) #20 I'm pretty sure if they forced themselves on her the fact they charged him for it would be an afterthought.

Yep, everything is rape. In the sky, in the trees, underground, rape is everywhere. Her age wasn't stated and she could easily be any age. Probably old enough or else OP would have said something I'm sure. As you pointed out they were over there working while she was home alone. If she could be left home alone with "strangers" coming over she is probably old enough. It being multiple men means it wasn't consensual how now? There are plenty of women and men out there that enjoy having multiple partners either separately or at the same time. She easily could have known them as well. Specially in small towns where everybody knows everbody.

Good thing for her you weren't putting in a septic tank.

They'd be rolling the daughter over, in that case.

I think you missed the joke. That was what they were implying.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not a parenting fail, op has said nothing that would indicate they're not a good parent. Self respect is about respecting yourself. Not basing respect on what some dumbass on FML claims isn't respectful. Most people want sex. Get the **** over it. How they choose to deal with that, restraining from or indulging, is up to them. It doesn't say anything about self respect or anything like that.

You'd think they'd give a discount for that, not an extra fee :P