By That guy - 08/08/2016 15:45 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was told that every week the grocery store I work for has a "mystery customer" who shops throughout the store and rates us. Our store has gotten straight 100s for the past two years, and I ruined their streak. Apparently, I was the worst they've ever seen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 552
You deserved it 3 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I highly doubt that they got 100's every week for two years it doesn't seem possible given that there are so many things that can and do go wrong in retail

I want to know if by "worst they'd ever seen" you got 95 or something which would still be the worst they'd ever seen but overall great. Or if you got 10 and were practically useless.

Comments

I'd be proud of that. Straight 100 made it impossible to stand out by providing good service, you chose the only possible way to stand out and be remembered. This is way better than to be part of the long forgotten bunch of goodie two shoes.

No, they were hired to do a job that was set up. there shouldn't be individuality in a performance tests, just work to do well on the tests. Retail jobs aren't a place to "be unqiue", #12

Having worked in grocery and retail environments and also having been a mystery shopper in the past.... Yes it is possible to get 100% for two years in a row. Mystery shoppers don't hit your stores as often as your upper management might tell you... They tell you a more frequent schedule to keep you on your toes when in reality you may only get hit by a mystery shopper maybe once a month if that. Also, It is pretty bad if you were the worst ever... Mystery shoppers grade a store as a whole and also grade every worker they come in contact with. Perhaps some additional training may be needed?

countryb_cth 38

With what you're saying it could be possible that the mystery shopper didn't even show up and the boss just told OP they were the worst to get them to step it up with work.

that stuff is made up . trust me I work at one too, they constantly bullshit you for no reason

it's about making you work harder and better, don't worry OP, take it as a compliment, they believe you have potential to become even better at your job

polsen4273 8

How can this not be a you deserve it?

Because having 100's across the board for two years is highly, highly suspect? The chances of not having variance in a field with as many variables as retail is so ridiculously low that it indicates that SOMETHING was off. Either the store didn't actually get 100's, and they're lying to make OP work harder, or the mystery shopper has been judging off of something other than the actually quality of the store management and the quality of the employees' work.

I have been the 'mystery shopper' at several grocery stores (all one brand, not saying which). My reviews wrt Customer Service are always (as required by the client) limited to the actions of the store personnel during my purchase selection, checkout, and store exit. There are other categories for merch quality/display/freshness or selection or etc which do not include interaction with employees. As far as I know, I and no other 'mystery shoppers' have ever given any store a 100 score. There is ALWAYS something that can deduct a point. Just saying.

Dude, same. My Publix has been amazing for year, and I have been screwing them up lately