By blind - 24/06/2009 12:11 - South Africa

Today, I was texting a friend of mine. She mentioned it was her dad's birthday. I typed, "Tell him 'Happy Birthday' from me!" and as I pressed send, I remembered her dad was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 409
You deserved it 46 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

softbonez 0

How is she a terrible friend? It's like a person saying, "Today's my dad's birthday, but he's dead." Why bring up the subject?

I would be hitting my head against the wall O__o

Comments

I always press send... and then when I realize something was wrong, I cancel just in time... Things slip our minds sometimes, can't blame yourself for it all.

OmgItsAnaBeatriz 0

Wow...Think Before You Speak? Deserved It...... Today Is My Birthday Too O.o

HeyThereGorgeous 0

That's what the end button is for. You press it and the message cancels itself while it's sending. Or did out already know that and do it but just lie on here to make this an fml . And btw your life is not effed. So you messed up .. Apologize and your fine!

whimsical_fml 0

If I try to hit 'end' while it's sending, it just brings me to the main menu, but the message still continues to send.

Ouchdude 0

Yeah same. It will still send for me which isn't really helpful at all. And Heytheregorgeous, how would you like to receive that text if your dad was dead. Dick move.

falleninlove21 0

not all phones cancel the message when you hit the end button.

Im sure your friend would find it funny, well i would find it funny.

xx3ginaxx3 0

To everyone that said to press end, the person could have an iPhone, which would mean there's no end button / no way to cancel a message after hitting send. (I have An iPhone , and I always send messages that I didn't mean to send.) To the FML poster: ouch, sorry. I could totally see myself doing something like this, so I really feel bad for you. Hopefully your friend won't be too offended, although it's kinda a YDI if the father died recently (you shouldve been more sensitve if that was the case) otherwise, I agree , FYL. Also, for those who said she's a bad friend... There's a such thing as making a mistake. We're only human... We can't be perfect all the time.

tehukiso 0

That sucks but it's not the end of the world and they'd have to be dramatic to hold a slip like that against you. I wouldn't, and I lost my dad. His birthday is Christmas, too.

just bad luck, they shouldnt get mad, maybe just apologize? i agree with #4. FYL, definitely not a YDI.

you know if the phone still doesn't say message sent then you can stop it just press the end/hang up button

that doesn't work on all phones. I have an iPhone and there is no end button and no other way to stop a text. also, maybe the op remembered right after the message sent.

how dare you for not being perfect! what kind of person forgets things occasionally? i know i remember everything all the time and never make mistakes.... don't let the bastards grind you down dude. shit happens.