By blind - 24/06/2009 12:11 - South Africa

Today, I was texting a friend of mine. She mentioned it was her dad's birthday. I typed, "Tell him 'Happy Birthday' from me!" and as I pressed send, I remembered her dad was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 409
You deserved it 46 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

softbonez 0

How is she a terrible friend? It's like a person saying, "Today's my dad's birthday, but he's dead." Why bring up the subject?

I would be hitting my head against the wall O__o

Comments

You can always hit send and while your finger is still on it... hold the power off button or somehow take out the battery so it doesnt send :P

You can always press cancel/end. It doesn't send immediately; sometimes it takes a few seconds. Or, like someone else said, shut off the phone before it sends. I don't know... If she's a close friend, you can always say that you forgot. She'll probably understand. My Dad died when I was seven, and I don't usually take offense to that. Why would she bring his birthday up anyway...?

bigraws23 0

you can stop sending it by pressing end if you do it quik enough

RecklessHero 0

You know? I got a fml account to say one thing. This website is more harsh than nazi germany and 4chan combined. It says to have respect, but all I see is you *****, or YDI for living. This website is about people who feel like they have a harsh life. then after they try to speak their mind they get ramsacked with insults. I dont like the voting system. It makes people feel horrible i bet. The last thing i want to say is for all the people who post insults, you are the ones who will end up posting on here one day. And you will get whats coming to you. And i want to see it.

at that point you learn how fast you can take the battery out. I'm with comment #82...

OUCH...thats a tough one...as sad as it is both ways...u should learn to think before u act!!!!!

taylorlynn1125 1

Why in the hell would she deserve this?? Damn, you people are so freaking harsh.. It was an ACCIDENT, if someone mentions it's a persons birthday, you automatically think the persons alive. NOT her fault.

rebellious96 0

while sneaking around in my moms closet looking for birthdays presents, i found a vibrator and a half empty bottle of lube.