By sk8rgurl - 28/06/2009 23:09 - United States

Today, I was testing for figure skating. I was wearing a brand new custom dress that was a halter top. On my first move, I tripped and fell flat on my face. Immediately after retaking the move, my dress snapped open, exposing myself to the judges. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 381
You deserved it 5 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

junkinmahcranium 0

Dude, how does a word as simple and plain as 'myself' bother you? Just curious... (#2)

Comments

thewoozy1 0

lmao...i'm a figure skater, how did you manage that one? did your dress not have a clasp at the back?? that's too funny.

Actually, a dress where you pull the neck over your head with no clasp would probably be more secure. They hurt after a while though. As a skater and a judge I can say this: most judges are very understanding about it, so don't worry. Similar things happen more often than you think. Anyone watch the compulsories at Euros? Finnstep mishap with one of the Russian ice-dance teams; her clear strap broke on a beautiful strapless cut dress and guess what everyone saw all over the world at the end of their run through? Chin up. All you can do is laugh it off.

I think I have to look up some video on that!

I would've loved to see peoples' responses to that lol The next day some Russian newspapers said something along the lines of "...at least the world knows we have the most beautiful girls". I just feel really bad for her. Argh I hate that Finnstep music. Just saying XD

shirvon100 0

hay was it cold in there lol

hunguponyou 0

that is why you rarely see the pros wearing halters.

im sorry as a former figure skater i can say i have never met a judge that would take that lightly. I hope you now safety pin your halter tops!

yah i would give that a perfect score

Why on earth were you wearing a halter top while figure skating?!

Haha, that's embarrassing.. I'm a judge for ice skating, and I've never had that happen to me, and I can't really imagine how the judges would've taken it. What element did you fall over going into? Was it a spin, or a jump? It would be unfortunate if it was a spin because those falls hurt like anything..

I'm a figure skater 2! and at least you didnt' have to take your pre-juv three times! ya that happen to me! it was kinda funny though