By Anonymous - 15/07/2013 03:40 - United States - Odenton

Today, I was teaching my daughter how to drive. We were passing by a merge lane; I told her to slow down and let a green car merge in front of us. She said, "Fuck the green car" and sped up, colliding with it. Apparently she didn't know that would happen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 982
You deserved it 7 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Druu 53

And that's when you reply, "**** getting you a driver's license."

\ 28

That, my friend, is a fine example of "YOLO." Or more accurately, of natural selection.

Comments

Well I hope whoever was in the green car is okay :O

thejimler 9

They're probably fine, except for the 'having a green car' part.

Infamous_Tora 12

I guess she thought the green car would just stop entirely just to let her pass. Or she thought the car would phase thru the green car Or she thought your car would reach mach 1 in time to just pass the car before the complete merge

fylx100 19
Zimmington 21

Actually green means "proceed with caution."

Lil_Red777 21

No it doesn't green means go and yellow means slow down. If the light is blinking you proceed with caution.

You're kidding, right? Green meaning "proceed with caution" is absolutely right. If you're stopped at a red light and it turns green, but there's someone who's blatantly going to run the red in the opposite direction, are you going to hit the gas because "green means go"? No. You're gonna wait for him to pass because you're being cautious. If you just blindly went with "green means go" in all situations, you'd probably be dead.

CammyGal 26

Green is not a creative color.

Mads_1234 28

Let's all think CREATIVELY!

*crashes car* Now let's all agree to never be creative again!

dvc13 8

Is she blonde? If so explains a lot

Wow. Maybe not ready to drive then?

How did she hit it if she was in front and didn't let it pass?

And that's why in Israel we have driving instructors by law, and special cars that they use with double controls. :)

The US has the same thing, but it's for taking the actual driving test. Once we get a written test permit, we are allowed to drive with someone over the age of 21 in the passenger seat. This is so that you can learn how to actually drive, before you take the test.

r83839 22

To clarify: We don't have special cars during the actual driving test. We have driving instructors with special cars with whom we must drive 3 times with a permit before we get our license. But other than those 3 times you're driving with an instructor in a special car, yes, you're supposed to be driving your own car with an adult in the passenger seat before you get your license. It's scary.