By Anonymous - 21/06/2009 08:50 - Australia

Today, I was talking with my mother and expressed my slight disappointment at how many of my friends are getting into relationships, whereas I'm still single. My mother decided to encourage me by saying "Don't worry, sweetie. There are boys out there who don't go for looks. You'll be fine". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 182
You deserved it 4 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that's when guy should've asserted in something like, "I guess this is the price I have to pay for getting my looks from you."

Comments

So this shows that you're not only ugly, but you have a poor sense of humor and can't laugh at yourself. I hope you're rich or something, because otherwise you're screwed.

its ok ur mom is just a bitch, im sure ur not ugly

Antoyal 3

OP, you should be happy for your friends instead of disappointed! Think of all the boyfriends you can steal now.

aw, all these posts about parents telling their children how unattractive they are make me sad. your mom should believe you're beautiful no matter what you look like. (i don't know, that's just my opinion.)

lmmmr 0
lmmmr 0

That would be because obesity is self-imposed and perfectly correctable. Bad genes are bad genes.

exactly, i'd rather be a few pounds overweight than uggs. you can lose weight but ugliness is really hard to cover-up :/ and FTR im not fat im simply pointing out an observation, because i know someones gonna pull that card...

atnikolov85 0

dude, she's clearly in high school. that's a period when just laughing such things off does not come so easy.

Being in a romantic relationship isn't the end all be all of life. Too bad your mother is insensitive and narrow minded, and too bad for you for listening to her.

I_Am_The_Edge 4

YLIF. But the "ugly" FMLs are getting old.

hmmm, i find it strange how every is like "its okay, your not ugly you'll find someone, wear makeup etc..." yet if there is an FML about someone being called fat, oh then your a total fatass put down the fork etc... interesting...