By Anonymous - 21/06/2009 08:50 - Australia

Today, I was talking with my mother and expressed my slight disappointment at how many of my friends are getting into relationships, whereas I'm still single. My mother decided to encourage me by saying "Don't worry, sweetie. There are boys out there who don't go for looks. You'll be fine". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 182
You deserved it 4 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that's when guy should've asserted in something like, "I guess this is the price I have to pay for getting my looks from you."

Comments

Her statement really could have used a little polish...But in any case it's true and you need to just be happy with you. Once you're happy and cruising along that's when you're most likely to meet someone who is also at the right stage in their life, and happy with themselves. I believe the key is for two people to be open to meeting people but not dependent on it, and it's good to know you haven't reached a desperate state like so many other people have. I remember the woman on Dr. Phil who already had a ring and a dress...But I digress. Let's say you're not a stunner, just average. That's perfect, because average can easily click with the right guy, and you won't get hassled buy guys who are only looking for a perfect body. I know a woman who looks like a supermodel and she says nice guys won't go near her, and I think it's because they're afraid of getting rejected for not being perfect. So if you're average, then rejoice. You just might get the perfect mate because of it.

piggypaar 0

She didn't mean it in a negative way I'm sure... it's just one of those things... you say something without thinking about how it'll sound out loud.

girlwiththebow 0

Wow why a nice and encouraging mom you have you must be so thankful. . NOT!!!

Sydney, australia. Maby we should hook up

I don't think your mom meant it to sound that way. I'm sure she was just trying to comfort you, and since your confidence level wasn't exactly at the highest, you just took it the wrong way. Sometimes people often hurt others with advice that isn't meant to sound insulting. You shouldn't let something like that affect how you feel about yourself, let alone, make this FML because you're probably not even unattractive. You just haven't realized it for yourself. :)

ahehe. i am pretty sure your mum didnt mean for it to sound rude. anyway...maybe she should have thought a bit better about what she said

dreadedone 0

You should have said....Like Dad did?