By Anonymous - 21/06/2009 08:50 - Australia

Today, I was talking with my mother and expressed my slight disappointment at how many of my friends are getting into relationships, whereas I'm still single. My mother decided to encourage me by saying "Don't worry, sweetie. There are boys out there who don't go for looks. You'll be fine". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 182
You deserved it 4 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that's when guy should've asserted in something like, "I guess this is the price I have to pay for getting my looks from you."

Comments

not true, looks play at least some role in every relationship. the plus side is that good looks are all in the eye of the beholder--there's someone out there for everybody, girlfriend.

Protegas 0

Ouch. I see how that would hurt. But maybe she didn't mean it like that? I mean, my mom used to complain to ME how small MY breasts were lol. I didn't care until she commented. Somehow, though, I learned to deal with it xD Maybe she just meant to encourage you by saying that the boys who liked your friends only liked them because they wanted something. And you should look for a guy who would want more then just sex and looks. You probably are pretty and don't even notice it. Not to sound like a creep, but it's true about everyone.

tapesculpture 0
rakhil11 7

It's OK, my mom tells me I can't gain any weight no matter what, ever. (I weigh 103 lbs...? And I'm only 13, so hopefully I'll still be growing...am I supposed to still be 103 lbs when I'm in my 40s?) I honestly disregard it. She has a very black and white view on how people's bodies should look like. I personally don't care what I look like as long as I'm not extremely fugly. (Then again, I have people telling me I'm pretty all the time (I'm NOT), I don't know if I would think the same if that wasn't happening....) So just ignore it, I'm sure that if this is the first time, and you haven't noticed yourself, you're fine.

Moms totally have bad standards when it comes to looks, at least my mom does. One of my friends is really pretty and smart and has a lot of guy liking her, but my mom thinks she's ugly. My friend's enemy, however, is so ugly she looks mental, she is of the small unfortunate part of the world that will always be ugly no matter what, my mom thinks she looks okay. It's better to be average on the outside and be awesome on the inside. The inside is so much more than the outside. If you have relationships based mostly on looks, you won't get far. In middle school, people liked me for personality. In high school, I got better looking and people were going for me before they knew my personality, and when they really got to know me, I didn't turn out to be what they expected. Not that I have a horrible personality, I just wasn't for them. So they didn't like me for long. I'm not even very pretty in my opinion, but then, I guess others thought differently. It felt so much better when a guy liked me for personality. So unless you're so ugly, OP, that nothing can fix you, it's fine.

brittybrat1165 5

I wouldn't give what ur mom said too much thought that's how all moms are they talk mad shit like my mom makes fun of my barely there gut..and its after I'm dun eating and I only way 95 pounds so yea there opinions are WAY off lol

where is your picture I might go with you

Don't worry, I'm sure it just slipped out and she was trying to be nice :)