By Anonymous - 21/06/2009 08:50 - Australia

Today, I was talking with my mother and expressed my slight disappointment at how many of my friends are getting into relationships, whereas I'm still single. My mother decided to encourage me by saying "Don't worry, sweetie. There are boys out there who don't go for looks. You'll be fine". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 182
You deserved it 4 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that's when guy should've asserted in something like, "I guess this is the price I have to pay for getting my looks from you."

Comments

Man I wouldn't worry about it too much... sometimes Moms think they're being encouraging and they really aren't. My Mom once tried to convince me not to get a breast reduction because there are guys who LOVE big boobs and I might regret not keeping them... I think she was trying to raise the self esteem levels a bit because I was always self conscious of them but it was a bit of a fail.

#38 me27 - yea you're in the wrong FML. Dip shit

Ok, just to tell you some guys don't go for looks. Because I am one of them a good personality will kick looks ass.

This is so disgusting. Everyone is born with value and worth and is an image bearer of God, the King. Women are the embodiment of God's beauty and every woman is a beautiful representative of Him. You and every lady who reads this, you are beautiful and no one deserves to unjustly and falsely have someone else say they aren't beautiful because God makes no mistakes and He creates every woman as beautiful.

moleSG 6

Heh, FYL. But I'm sure she didn't mean it like that. She was probably saying there's boys who focus more on personality than looks. Best of luck either way :)

rock_star21 0

awwww, thats so sad :( im sure she wasnt intentionally meaning to hurt you! unless shes a bitch..

1. She's right 2. Every Boy has different opinions. One boy might think a girl is ugly while another might find her attractive.

Ok first of all, the reason no guys date you is probably because you have low self esteem. Your mother is partly right when she says that you'll find guys who won't date just for looks. In high school, it's basically all about looks so don't worry about it. You'll find someone eventually. Plus, being single isn't a bad thing either. Be more confident and guys will notice. Good luck!

loserr88 0

Wow , just say " I get my looks from my mom" if anyone asks :) OUCH. FYL