By im_not_me - 09/12/2009 12:31 - Australia

Today, I was talking to my girlfriend on Facebook. She's in the forces, and it was her birthday. I asked her if she liked the flowers I sent her. She thanked me, then asked if she could remove our relationship status. When I asked why, she said, "It's not like we're really going out anymore." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 463
You deserved it 2 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that just means she's already cheated on you and just wants to justify her actions by insinuating you both knew the relationship was over

Ouch. But your probably better off without her in the long run. Get yourself a hottie that actually lives in the same country as you and bang her **** off!!

Comments

CuriousCat 0

get back at her with this! http://tinyurl.com/y8px69h

she should have been upfront with you, not the most decent way to break up with someone. Cheer up mate.

Hermyoni 0

Sounds to me like she cheated already and wants to justify it by saying it's not like your really together. A true couple can stand the test of one partner being in the armed forces and away for long amounts of time.

WTF? Do people think she is going to come back from Afghanistan or wherever just so she can break with with this pussy to his face? Shit happens. She found someone else or she just got tired of him. Either way she moved on and told him so. She was kind enough to ask first instead of just updating the status, so she's fine.

she didn't ask to break up first she said they were already broken up meaning she decided to go different ways without telling him, its not enough to just decide for yourself somethings over then start looking into other people you need to discuss a breakup with your partner before ever considering yourself single and having the liberty to meet other people

It is not being immature, it is being responsible. First off, the woman was overseas, fighting for our country which is admirable in itself alone. Second, she probably met someone over there who looks just like Clay Aiken...THAT is probably the reason why she dumped the other guy on Facebook. Her ex just cannot even hope to compete with someone who looks like Aiken...so why even string him along? She was doing him a favor.

You are just bitter because you got dumped on LiveJournal. People these days automatically want to put all the blame on the person that does the dumping and make them out to be the ultimate evil, and they never look to hear both sides of the story. What about YOU? Maybe you never wanted to put on the cute little Clay Aiken underwear that I'll bet your partner always wanted you to wear. It is easy to point the finger when there is blame to go around, but it takes a strong person to step forward and be accountable and accept responsibility for when something went wrong.

From the description, they were chatting on facebook. That's a lot less expensive than a long conversation on an international call to some hell-hole where she is serving. And it says they weren't going out already, just the OP hasn't accepted that yet. She did nothing wrong. #38 - You think you need someone else's permission to have the liberty to see other people? That's messed up.

#47 i never said you need permission to date other people, i said if your currently in a relationship you have the responsibility to discuss a break up with your partner, you may break up with your partner no matter how much they dont want to, but you need to explain to them "i think we arent working its time we split", if you dont give your partner this general message, you are still very much in what society calls a commited relationship, and you dont have the liberty(freedom) to date anybody else while your still in the prior relationship, you may choose to take that path like the op's gf did, but that consumes you with the chains of blame, and guilt that are cheating, you cant possibly say she was just in her actions, if the op's gf wanted to be morally correct she would have ended her relationship with the op responsibly, but because she hasnt she deserves all the fault and blame society can put on her for being a immoral cheating woman

actually, she's still in my country (australia) in her first year of training...

@ #73. oh, and yes, i did take it seriously. it just hurt, especially since it was ON her birthday...

This is a total YDI for ignoring all the suggestions to have more Clay Aiken music in the house when you were together. What a hefty price to pay...so sad.

Here, have a nickel! It has to be able to buy you a better life than the one you have currently, right?

I do not need a nickel when I am perfectly happy watching Clay Aiken videos on youtube. But thank you for offering.

i didn't even know who Clay aitken was until i googled him about 10 mins ago... Most other countries don't actually follow the news from the States like a religion.

Erindub 0

: ( sorry man. That sucks. What a poopy way to find out too. You were being a good boyfriend and everything.