By Obi1Shinobi - 30/10/2012 14:27 - United States

Today, I was stuck in the bathroom yelling for someone to get me toilet paper. My grandpa slips a small leaf under the door and says, "This is what I used in my day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 132
You deserved it 4 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your grandfather is a legend! Tad cruel though :P

unknown_user5566 26

Grandparents: always there to remind us how "spoiled" they think we are.

Comments

Your grandfather is a legend! Tad cruel though :P

unknown_user5566 26

55- I am sure OP has a tree somewhere near his/her house.

55- my guess, is the OP's grandfather, found the leaf, on a tree or a shrub. Radical thinking, I know, but it could be true.

60- what are these treacherous ideas you are trying to spread? Leaf?! Trees!?

wellfuuucckme 7

59- I feel bad for you son i got 99 problems and sandy ain't one

AllThingsBright_ 11

60- I think, you used, too many, commas,.

Slip him a nickel back under the door and tell him to buy some toilet paper with it and to to buy himself something nice with the change.

unknown_user5566 26

Grandparents: always there to remind us how "spoiled" they think we are.

In my family, grandparents are there to spoil us.

In Soviet Russia, leaf slides grandpa under door.

p3mguin 7

Your grandpop had a sense of humor, **** MY LIFE...

In your grandfather's times they probably didn't have penicillin either. You better hope he's not your primary caretaker next time you get an infection.

Penicillin's been used since the 1940's, so it probably was around "in his day".

87- well acc to Wikipedia, toilet paper was already quite popular by the turn of the century so Grandpa must be oooooold.

He should've given you a page from a Playboy Magazine since catalogs were used as toilet paper back in the day.

unknown_user5566 26

If OP is a boy that would just distract him from his original goal, though. :)

It'll occupy him long enough that someone else might cone along and give him some real toilet paper.

How the hell did you not notice there was no paper before you sat down? That's Restroom Rule #1 - ALWAYS check for toilet paper before you sit. I think we all know what #2 is...

unknown_user5566 26

You've never, ever used the bathroom only to find out the toilet paper is gone? Unfortunately, I've had that happen before. I think I just expect TP to be readily available at all times, since it usually is.

Well, I don't think OP will be forgetting that golden rule again :P

11 - you read it. That's what the FML is about; him/her breaking rule #1.

unknown_user5566 26

28- I believe Welshite was saying Rule #2 is to "read FML".

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I can say that I don't always look for TP when I use the restroom. At least not in my own house. The only time I absolutely make sure there is some is when I'm in a public restroom.

11- It was a pun. Rule #2 >>> #2 in the bathroom.

We buy toilet paper in bulk and keep the extras in the bathroom, under the sink. I'm confused as to why people would store their toilet paper someplace other than the bathroom. Where else would you need it?

skyeyez9 24

Oh docbastard, Don't act like you never waddled across the house with your pants and undies around your ankles to retrieve another roll of toilet paper.

~Sings~ Do the walk, baby do the walk of shame. Do tee tee do do dooo doo.

Certainly sage advice, but we've all had that time when we felt that our insides would empty their contents into our trousers, and the last thing on our minds was "toilet paper." Those are usually bad days.

Unfortunately, I always forget that rule and end up waddling down the stairs with my pants half off to get some.

oj101 33

Rule #2 is to take your smartphone so you don't get bored. It's been all over the Internet in memes lately - First World Problems/ Bad Luck Brian etc when it comes to forgetting your phone and needing a dump.

I misunderstood. Sorry Welshite. All I can say now is... Well, shit.

I always need toilet paper in the attic. So I store it in the garage.

Not even the Charmin bears use leaves. Sorry op. going green is tough.

TheMajesticBeard 2

Where did he get the leaf from?