By mitochondriaisthepowerhouseofthecell - 27/12/2018 02:00

Today, I had my final piano performance. There is a guy in my class who constantly tells me I suck at piano, so I was looking forward to watching him play badly since he never practices. Instead, he played the most beautiful music that would make Mozart weep. He got a standing ovation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 630
You deserved it 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeaTimeAbyss 20

This is why you should always focus on your own art. Prove him wrong next time and better yourself instead of hoping for his failure!

Sometimes, you're such a natural at something, you don't need to practice.

Comments

TeaTimeAbyss 20

This is why you should always focus on your own art. Prove him wrong next time and better yourself instead of hoping for his failure!

Sometimes, you're such a natural at something, you don't need to practice.

If you want to improve, you could always bury the hatchet with this dude, and ask him to be your tutor. You might end up making sweet music together.

Why does this sound like the premise for one of those cheesy Hallmark movies?

Because it's the premise for EVERY cheesy Hallmark movie! They just tweak each one ever so slightly so lonely people think it's a different story. And that brings in the money.

Playing any instrument should be about what you like to do. There will always be someone better. If you enjoy it, keep playing. So what if he is better.

Just because he's good at something doesn't mean he's not an ass Focus on yourself, let judgemental guy do his thing

Lukr 8

he knows ruke number 1 of being cocky... rule #1: only be cocky if you're better than the other one rule #2: don't

IrieStorm 9

Forget the other dude, and focus on honing your skills. If your not playing because you love to play, you're doing it wrong.

Unless you live with him, how do you know he never practices?

How do you know he never practices? For some reason a lot of top students act dismissive about studying a lot, when in reality they do work the hardest. Never believe someone who claims they don't study/practice.