By Watchingmyfigure - 06/12/2016 17:55 - United States - Gainesville

Today, I was so hungry and broke that I resorted to drinking salad dressing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 975
You deserved it 1 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry OP :( there are quite a few foods you can get for right around a dollar. Beans, oats, tuna, bananas, rice, pasta are all great options, some of which still offer some nutrition. Best of luck, and I hope times get better for you soon.

When the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll be the "vegan" option available to the undead. One zombie will ask another, "how the **** can you still consider yourself vegan AND eat human brains?" to which the second will reply, "it's all about secondly and tertiary consumers, dude."

Comments

As having been in a rough spot, I would recommend considering donating plasma if you're that rough on food.

Been in a similar situation. Nothing sucks more than when your fridge is empty with nothing but condiments. I have also had plain pasta boiled with nothing. No salt or sauces. That was the worst. Next time you get some cash, try grabbing some potatos. You can do a lot with them and you can usually get a few salt and pepper packets for free at some places. Some coffee places have creamers too that you can help yourself to. I would suggest buying a coffee first, but if you can't make note of it to next time you can afford to do so. Also, you should find out about soup kitchens or food banks in your area. It can be embarrassing, but if you have no food, that is what they are there for. Most do not ask about your situation, they are just there to help.

my family once went two weeks on about $25 of potatoes, it actually wasn't that bad because we had spices stored up.

Have you tired food banks. You might have some in your area. I've used them before. They might not give out a lot but they give enough for a week. Best of luck to you.

Next time have ketchup, it tastes better

a trick I've heard of people doing is going and getting ketchup and a cup of water from a fast food restaurant and then mixing and heating them to make tomato soup. not yummy but it's something

You know, if you go kind of hang out at a fast food place and asked people for some food, or even made a sign asking for a meal, I'm sure someone would probably get you food. It is more likely since people are getting tired of panhandling, and really prefer to see the immediate results of helping someone. Well, at least I do.

I know that feeling. Once I was so hungry I ate A1 steak sauce. And other time I ate a jar of jalapenos