By Anonymous - 31/07/2009 17:01 - United States

Today, I was sitting on the train when some crazy man started talking to me. I ignored him, and he tapped on my shoulder. He started blabbing and I just pointed to my ears and mouthed, "I'm deaf." He stopped talking. A minute later my phone rang and I answered it without thinking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 072
You deserved it 75 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess faking a serious impairment is always okay.

Don't be such a jerk. For all you know... he was telling you the secret of life! Dun dun dun... But no seriously, that plan was doomed to fail in some form.

Comments

lmaaao :) bummer. well it's not like you'll see him again ... probably.

if i wer you i wudnt really give a flyin ****

Now, I think you deserved it because it was a rather rude thing to do. Not pretending to be Deaf, but snubbing the guy like that. Poor guy is probably lonely! I think you would feel a lot better about yourself knowing you brought a little happiness into someone's life by talking to them :) With that said. I know many Deaf and deaf people. None of which I think would get their undies all in a bunch about this. My mom dated a Deaf guy for years and he was not all crazy like some of these people are making Deaf people sound. No, it's not funny to pretend like you have a disability, but if any of you really knew Deaf people then you would know that they DON'T consider it a disability. Clearly, you guys are lying assholes who are making themselves look really dumb. So...get the **** over it for real and stop getting all ******* worked up over a damn FML, my goodness.

go_rangers 0

I agree... they were just trying to provide an excuse to not talk to this guy, without just flat out ignoring him or saying "I don't want to talk to you." or "leave me alone." They were trying to let the crazy guy down easily, even if they messed it up. (And I don't think he was just a poor lonely man... I mean I'm from the city, and I see lots of people like talking to themselves and making no sense and cursing and stuff, so when I hear "crazy guy" i think of people I don't want to interact with.) But, this person was not commenting about Deaf culture or belittling Deaf people. I don't see it as making fun of Deaf people or anything... they just wanted to not talk to the crazy guy without having to directly insult them. Obviously the person WASN'T Deaf... it makes hearing people look bad, not Deaf people.

If I were you I'd just tell him to shut the **** up, without having to go to all that drama.

Does anyone get the Sienfeld reference?

cactus_fml 0

Eh, I wouldn't feel too bad. YDI for forgetting though. xD

lovelykendra5 0

Everyone is acting like this is the worst thing someone could do, So what. She pretended to be deaf. Chilllll out.

dirtylittlewolf 0

Umm, would your ringtone happen to be the seinfield theme? Totally copied them i'm sure.