By Anonymous - 31/07/2009 17:01 - United States

Today, I was sitting on the train when some crazy man started talking to me. I ignored him, and he tapped on my shoulder. He started blabbing and I just pointed to my ears and mouthed, "I'm deaf." He stopped talking. A minute later my phone rang and I answered it without thinking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 072
You deserved it 75 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess faking a serious impairment is always okay.

Don't be such a jerk. For all you know... he was telling you the secret of life! Dun dun dun... But no seriously, that plan was doomed to fail in some form.

Comments

nothing to be embarrassed about. for all he knows, your phone could have been on vibrate and ring.

Trust me you didn't feel as bad as the other guy who would've submitted a FML that read like this: "So I saw a really cute girl on the bus today and I decided to approach her. After trying to talk to her, she turns to me and mouths "I'm Deaf." A minute later her phone rings and she answers it. FML"

HeyThereGorgeous 0

Hearing the phone ring is not the issue. It's the question of why you would answer a listening device if you cannot hear. and OP who really cares what he thinks of you.

GOOD! YDI for being an ass and not politely declining to chat. I'm glad your lie blew up in your face; as someone that is half-deaf, I'm even happier it did.

I completely agree with #132 as I am half deaf in my left ear. This is just insulting. There is such a thing as turning around and maybe talking to the guy or telling him that you don't feel like talking. I would do anything to have the other half of my hearing back, don't go around pretending.

fruitloop1221 1