By Brightbulb - 08/08/2017 00:12

Today, I was sent to the ER from work after sharp stomach pains made me double over in pain and nearly faint. They were so severe the Ketamine only took the edge off. After several expensive tests I found out that I will experience these every month for the rest of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 318
You deserved it 461

Brightbulb tells us more.

Brightbulb 39

ummm WOW hi, OP here, that gender indicator is messed up (good one FML staff​, still need some work there) I am infact 100% FEMALE. Now that we have my gender clarified, thank you for the knowledge that removal is an option, as I have been told that it was not being as young as I am. It was a severe cyst in my ovary and I was told to essentially "get used to it" because it's going to happen every month until Menopause comes.for me, at which point I can get a hysterectomy. Knowing that it may be an option now I am going to approach my Dr about that. I did not know ketamine was supposed to make me not feel anything, because it did not work that way. When I went to the Urgent Care they rushed me to the ER, who then started looking for infections or appendicitis, but alas it was deemed "severe cramps" and "female issues" by several techs, before I even got the PCOS answer.

Top comments

Get checked for Endometriosis or Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome - but have symptoms of unimaginable pain, and if not dealt with, can lead to sterilization and severe infections. Most doctors will see to a surgery to remove the uterus or the ovaries.

I had the same, and getting on the pill actually made it a bit more bearable for me. Go to your gynaecologist and talk to them about it, they will find some reason/solution to your problem.

Comments

LavenderCrow 12

Shop around for doctors, OP. I can't believe yours told you to just get used to it. That's absurd. Your quality of life is more important than any potential children you may have in the future. (If you do decide you want kids, there's always plenty of children that need adoptive parents!) You will hopefully find a doctor willing to do it. Check with Planned Parenthood first, they might be able to help you out, too!

Not sure where you live, but when my doctor told me I have a severe case of PCOS ( it felt like my ovaries were going to explode every time I ovulated and I could feel them on the outside of my tummy) he asked me what my preferred treatment was. I said hysterectomy, he said ok and 6 months later I am uterus free. They don't have to take your ovaries even, just not having your period is usually enough to calm them down. I am only 4 months post-surgery and they still hurt a bit but it is more like a period cramp and every time is a little less painful than the last. Good luck!

Umm isn’t ketamine a horse tranquilliser? Either way not something to take outside of a hospital setting!

Brightbulb 39

I was given it in my IV at the hospital, I don't put anything in my body a Dr didn't prescribe

Lora Wood 11

Get some multi-minerals making sure they have magnesium. Take every day. I believe you will find some or all relief from your symptoms.

Hey hon, my sympathies, seriously. This happened to me when a cyst on my ovaries burst. I've found (as has already been mentioned) birth control pills work really well. I hope they can do something for you before menopause.