By Brightbulb - 08/08/2017 00:12

Today, I was sent to the ER from work after sharp stomach pains made me double over in pain and nearly faint. They were so severe the Ketamine only took the edge off. After several expensive tests I found out that I will experience these every month for the rest of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 318
You deserved it 461

Brightbulb tells us more.

Brightbulb 39

ummm WOW hi, OP here, that gender indicator is messed up (good one FML staff​, still need some work there) I am infact 100% FEMALE. Now that we have my gender clarified, thank you for the knowledge that removal is an option, as I have been told that it was not being as young as I am. It was a severe cyst in my ovary and I was told to essentially "get used to it" because it's going to happen every month until Menopause comes.for me, at which point I can get a hysterectomy. Knowing that it may be an option now I am going to approach my Dr about that. I did not know ketamine was supposed to make me not feel anything, because it did not work that way. When I went to the Urgent Care they rushed me to the ER, who then started looking for infections or appendicitis, but alas it was deemed "severe cramps" and "female issues" by several techs, before I even got the PCOS answer.

Top comments

Get checked for Endometriosis or Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome - but have symptoms of unimaginable pain, and if not dealt with, can lead to sterilization and severe infections. Most doctors will see to a surgery to remove the uterus or the ovaries.

I had the same, and getting on the pill actually made it a bit more bearable for me. Go to your gynaecologist and talk to them about it, they will find some reason/solution to your problem.

Comments

Indio123346 6

I'm so sorry for I u and hope soonfully a cure and recovery

neuronerd 28

Today, I made an was of myself spamming comments on a FML post, because I didn't understand the site defaults to a male gender if you don't select one. I was extremely self righteous pointing out everyone's "stupidity." I turned out to be wrong. FML. -joshtheboss1

neuronerd 28

Dammit. Today, I mad an ass out of myself making a facetious FML of someone who make an ass of themselves, because my phone autocorrected "ass" to "was." FML. - neuronerd

neuronerd 28

*made. Excuse me while I go throw my phone in the river.

Joshtheboss1 2

Lol yes i do admit i made an ass of myself and id like to apologize to anyone i commented to before realising that fml automatically puts in male as the gender, i should really start reading and commenting on fml more often so i can get used to the defaults of it of course from now on im going to make sure i dont come off as a know it all asshole just to end up putting my foot in my mouth lol

You do not necessarily have to remove the entire uterus or ovaries in the case of PCOS and endometriosis. You can remove just the fibroid/cyst whatever that is causing the pain, but it may recur every now and then. Sometimes, pregnancy puts a stop to endometriosis.

That's a pretty big "sometimes" versus a 100% certainty. That's at least eighteen years of raising a child, or putting one in the foster system, to MAYBE cure something. Whereas getting the organs removed 100% will stop the bleeding and damage. Given that both PCOS and Endometriosis lower fertility, you'd spend months accumulating scar tissue on your uterus and ovaries. And if getting pregnant doesn't stop it, you're gonna have to deal with it AND raise a kid. If biological kids are the hang up, there always getting your eggs frozen and saving up to pay a surrogate. If OP doesn't want kids, there is almost zero reason to keep organs that could potentially kill OP.

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. What condition do you have? FYL indeed.

If you do indeed have male anatomy, I find it odd that they said it would be every month. I would be going to another doctor to see if a problem can't be found and cured.

A hysterectomy is a pretty extreme measure. Perhaps there are less drastic treatments which can help. Sometimes birth control pills are an option because they regulate your hormones. Talk to your doc about ibuprofen. It's the only thing that helps my cramps. I was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea and PCOS when I was 24 and I'm 47 now.

All those saying the OP deserves it are assholes.

Try ab exercises and yoga. They worked for me. GL!?

Brightbulb, a little comparison. I live in constant pain from a degenerative spine disorder. I have shattered my L5, L4, cracked my saccrum, cut my sciatic nerve in my rignt hip 90% of the way through with severe fraying, i have three spots of spinal fusing, three bulging discs, and two herniated discs. I also just found out my L3 is broken. Ketamine sucks for pain. Its used for anestesia in third world countries. Go see a gynecologist for a real opinion on your condition and if nothing can be done, then go see a pain specialist to help you control the pain every month so that your quality of life does not deteriorate. Just my two cents because in the end it is your life. I will include you in my prayers tonight.

Brightbulb 39

thank you, the pain has made me start to plan life around it. I don't think life can be like this, it is already feeling like forever

boredgirl_02 14

I have endometriosis, been dealing with the pain and wanted kids so I did a laparoscopy to remove scar tissue, cysts and my left Fallopian tube since it was so damaged. I had more pain as the months went on so I tried changing my diet and other natural things. This past month I only had to take 2 ibprofin on the first day. Cutting out sugars and soy have helped more than surgery.

Yummi_913 18

I ended up doing the same thing (minus removing one of my tubes) and the pain was also much worse in the following months. I also still can't have kids somehow and docs can't tell me why. I didn't really remove anything from my diet but the pain is slowly settling down bit by bit. Usually I'd be taking opiates for the pain but I don't desperately need to anymore. But I did find out that my surgeon lied to me about certain things he was supposed to do and that I might have a lawsuit in the works for him. Too bad that doesn't fix my increasingly useless ovaries and uterus.