By Stickerless - 10/04/2009 18:39 - United States

Today, I was pulled over for not having my car inspection up to date. I had my car inspected two weeks earlier. Since I'm at college my sticker was mailed to my home. My mother didn't want to pay the 42cent postage so now I have to pay $250.00 because my mother is cheap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 015
You deserved it 4 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, your mom definitely needs to pay that.

Crunchy_fml 0

sounds like something my family would do too

Comments

ifrin2 0

YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT! HAVING THE STICKER ON YOUR CAR IS NOT WHAT MATTERS. YOU UPDATED IT ON TIME SO YOUR GOOD. YOU NEED TO PAY 10 DOLLARS AND FILL OUT SOME FORM AND THEY WILL ELIMINATE THE CHARGE. AT LEAST IN CALIFORNIA THEY DO.

imgangstayo420 0

Where do you live? In taxachusetts they put the new sticker on (whether it passed or got a reject sticker) right when you get it done.

DownUndah 0

make your bitch of a mother pay for that

Trix_Disorder 20

You don't have to pay anything. if you show up to the court house with your inspection papers dated 2 weeks before the ticket, they'll dismiss the ticket.

Mom definitely pays for it. No question, it's her fault not yours.

hsmiles 0

At some point, you're going to have to learn to grow up and stay on top of your own personal business. I really doubt that your mother REFUSED to send you such an important document. Tell the truth: you BOTH forgot, didn't you? Unless you reminded her EVERY DAY to send the thing to you, you totally share the blame for this one. @#10, many countries spell it "realise." The Web is World Wide, you know.

1) They put the sticker right on when you get inspected 2) If you live in some stupid state that mails it to you, YDI for not realizing your old sticker had expired.

vt_mruhlin 0

Wow, where do you live? Every state I've lived in has given you the sticker immediately, and will usually dismiss the ticket if you just showing up in court to prove that you had the car inspected. Especially if you can prove the date on the inspection predates the ticket.