Scammed

By Anonymous - 13/05/2012 22:00 - Canada - Aldergrove

Today, after a little detective work, I found out the money that recently went missing from my college fund was transferred by my mother, to her own account. She claims it's to pay a parking ticket. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I didn't know they fined people over $3,500 for a parking violation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 393
You deserved it 2 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stuner56 22

She parked on another car maybe?

What ever you do.....do not say Happy Mother's Day to this bitch!

Comments

stuner56 22

She parked on another car maybe?

She might've slightly destroyed a car but she's probably just stealing

#1 had it right. You took it too far.

Or maybe parked a stolen car in the wrong place?

#67 that is the stupidest suggestion I've heard. "I'm gonna steal a car, park it illegally, come back and pay the fines! ... They'll never catch me!"

Yup 34. Because it is so easy to run someone over while parked.

Yup 34. Because it is so easy to run someone over while parked.

Ironic that this was posted on Mother's Day. :p

100 - Pretty sure they meant she ran someone over before parking.

108, that isn't ironic. A funny coincidence at most.

OP should major in criminal justice - then mom will be scared!

tjv3 10

Blame Canada blame Canada ... Sorry . That sucks op

#84 yes I realize that. That was kinda the point, it would never happen. It was a joke admittedly a bad one though :p

Your pic made me thumb you up. I love south park.

49 Your comment made me thumb you down. I love thumbing people down who say things about pics.

Ha yeah I meant to edit my comment but instead i replied to it. : /

So you tried to get first (or a top number)? Well that's worse than saying "Haha" alone.

OhDearBetrayal 25

Looks like mommy has some explaining to do...

unoffensivename 0

Love how this was posted on mothers day

The mother handled the gift-giving herself. How considerate!

PrincessesCrown 17

Sorry that your mother is so rude as to steal your money. Maybe you should talk to her about it. Because thats a ton of bullshit!

cayytee 0

maybe it was the moms money. its still crappy but if the parents put the money in the college fund the mom can take it out. if not then..never give her your account info in the future!

hockeyoceancity 13

Call her up and say, "Hello mother, i realize today is Mother's Day... look outside your house and within 5mins there will be a police car awaiting you, I love you, Happy Mother's day!"

PrincessesCrown 17

32- Ya I see your point. Just I could never picture a family were the parents pay for college, in my household we have to pay for our own education.

When I was underage, I worked and got paid during the summer & saved up for college. I had been saving up for years and my mom told me to give her all the money (except the amount for the monthly bus pass) to put into a college fund, so I trusted that she knew best. When I was applying to colleges and needed access to the money she asked me, "what college fund?" She spent it all. Ok, she paid for my food & clothes and I didn't have to pay rent, but I was peeved. It was not necessarily the Mother's money. She may have given OP life, but that money was for school. So I had to wait a while to start college and am working while in school. That $ would have been very useful. I don't hold it over her head. I consider that money lost, & it wasn't chump change either. When I came of age, i just opened an account in my name & manage my money without her.

SLEinTN 7

You are a much bigger person than most. Good for you for being able to get over such a huge violation of trust and move on with your life.

cayytee 0

104-- very true! i had to pay for mine too well until i couldnt afford it anymore. I don't know their situation though and hope for the best and not a stealing mom. i mean who can you trust if your own parent steals from you? lol. sorry for rambling!

PrincessesCrown 17

114- Yes it may be hard to afford, but possible, everyone in my family has done it. Its called working, even when the semester has started.

yaya1213 6

Usually college funds are made from the parents while their kids are still... Well kids and they save up that money over time so that their kid has money for college (at least thats what my mom does and my friend's mom)

lynn0985 5

So she's not shit...? Therefore, you think highly of his/her mother; the complete opposite of what you intended with your comment? Consider yourself bamboozled!

How about: Her mom is da shit! Can't win can ya?

It's more of an insult in the way of saying they're less than shit, 30. It's like the eventual shortening of the phrase "How do you like them apples?" from the prefix of it being the question "Do you like apples?". Basically it's the slang of slang. Am I right?

soldiat_fml 17

I agree with 45. "Your mother ain't shit!" is, in this situation, implying that she's less than shit.

#6, I'm sorry to say this, but this website will not allow me to thumb you down more than once. Tis a shame...

Maybe her mother ain't shit, but your comment is

Believe it or not 88, I feel the same way about your comment

What ever you do.....do not say Happy Mother's Day to this bitch!

Why not? It's still OP's mother. You're hearing about one thing she did that was not to OP's liking. What if she's been a spectacular and supportive mother his/her whole life? What if she saved up $50,000 for OP to use for school and suddenly found a need to borrow $3,500 of it back? What if she's lying about the parking ticket and really used the money as a down payment on a car for OP? More importantly, what about all the years OP has spent not being perfect? We make snap judgements on this site all the time and I don't mind at all (entertainment) but to instantly condemn a mother as unworthy of her child's love for taking money she's legally allowed to take is going too far.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

No, it's not going too far at all. The fund is there for a reason; the child's future. It's like taking 'your money' back from a charity. Also, contrary to what a lot of people seem to believe, a mother is not an all-knowing perfect glowing goddess who can do no wrong. She's a human being who can be as selfish as any other human being, and occasionally seems to think that because she created life, she's entitled to do as she wants with her child. Like give them hopes, dreams, and the comfort of security in their future, in which those hopes and dreams can be possible. And take them away, in secret, and for something that is entirely her own fault. You all say that OP should suck it up and earn the money themselves. I say the mother should stop stealing from her child's future and pay her ******* fines herself, like the responsible adult she should be.

54 does she talk to her own hand? If she does then she would be talking to herself.

KiddNYC1O 20

7- I give you props for saying it correctly. Most people say "Your stupid."

57,63,64- I'll blow y'all up for being smarty pants

blegehlehgleh 0

>my account >transferred by my mother Well there's your problem

People say its their fund even if every penny is their parents.

Technically it is the OP's fund. It doesn't necessarily have to be her money, but if she is the one going to college, it is her fund.

Doesn't have to be the parents' money. I worked when I was underage & saved my own money. Didn't stop my mom from draining my account. She didn't even tell me until I started applying to colleges and needed the money. I never trusted her with my money again. I know she took care of me for my whole life & fed and clothed me and whatnot, but college is hard enough as it is, and without that money, I had to work more hours than intended to pay for school. I had a plan worked out to deal with school and work, and because of that setback, I had to wait to apply to school until I had some money.

112- It is sad when parents do that to kids who have worked extremely hard so that they can pay for it themselves like you did. If this was the case for OP then I would understand why FMLers have not like my comments but OP never said who was saving the money.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

112 - You certainly do not owe your mother for raising you. That became her obligation the second you were born. The fact that she took out hard-earned money like it was her own..I'm sorry. That's just plain awful.

Ouch. Maybe she drove into a building and had to pay it back? Alright, probably not.. but hope she gives it back!

She isn't going to "give" any of it back, if you can't tell from the FML, the mother is the epithet of the adjective "Bitch"

I know, I just wanted to be hopeful.