By pottie69 - 07/09/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my social anxiety got so bad that I'm now afraid to add people on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 677
You deserved it 7 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

What happens if they don't accept? Or even worse. What happens if they post on your wall saying "Do I know you?" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm sorry, OP. I have general anxiety disorder with a special hint of SAD.. It's super rough, and I know just what you mean by this FML. Rarely anyone understands what people with social anxiety go through just to function, which will prompt a lot of jokes on this comment thread. Sometimes it's a struggle to go into a convenient store. It does get better, though, I promise you this. It's an every day struggle, but it gets easier. Best of luck, OP. You're not alone in this. Wtfbbqsauce?! /I felt my comment was a little too helpful for the usual FML shit so there's some idiocy for you!

Comments

They're all out to get you. Better watch your back OP.

what would happen if they....... poke you. :O

I'm sorry, OP. I have general anxiety disorder with a special hint of SAD.. It's super rough, and I know just what you mean by this FML. Rarely anyone understands what people with social anxiety go through just to function, which will prompt a lot of jokes on this comment thread. Sometimes it's a struggle to go into a convenient store. It does get better, though, I promise you this. It's an every day struggle, but it gets easier. Best of luck, OP. You're not alone in this. Wtfbbqsauce?! /I felt my comment was a little too helpful for the usual FML shit so there's some idiocy for you!

stacianichole 2
enonymous 8

10 - I'd add you if it didn't land me on to catch a predator...

Nicely said 10, every bit of that is as real as the light of day for many people, myself included. It just sucks that not many understand what anxiety can do.

Epikouros 31

Social anxiety is not paranoia, #1. It's not a fear that anything specific will happen, but an extreme form of shyness. For instance, I'm afraid to accept a prize I won in a caption competition, because it will involve writing personal e-mails and showing it to my friends. I feel I won't be able to cope with all the emotions, even though I'm pretty sure that those emotions will be positive.

And I am going to give you a YDI. The faster you hit bottom, the faster you will deal with YOUR issue.

icanhazblivions 1

:/ I have a panic disorder. there was a time when I couldn't leave the house for anything. eventually, I felt uncomfortable there too. sorry OP. but you better eat it before it eats you.

Exactly, #72. Exactly. I had to return a dress I bought because it didn't fit and I almost cried before ultimately having my mom do it for me. It's almost like a physical incapability. It's being afraid of nothing in particular, just the situation in general. And after getting something done you're usually like, "That wasn't that bad. Why was I so afraid?" But the fear and anxiety still comes back every time.

I know what you mean OP, my Social Anxiety Disorder prevents me from posting statuses and liking/commenting on Facebook, and now, im afraid to talk to anyone or to share anything personal.

A few years back a kid with social anxiety used to sit next to me, but i also think he was a sociopath. Everytime he talked it was about killing people and satan I feel sorry for them because of all they must go through just to have a normal life. I hope you get some help OP, and i don't necesary mean therapy. Just someone to listen to you and reassure you

This fml just cured my social anxiety. Thanks OP!

I'm the same here. So I don't plan to win the Nobel prize lol

iAmScrubs 19

What happens if they don't accept? Or even worse. What happens if they post on your wall saying "Do I know you?" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Free_Candy 0

That's why I don't have a Facebook.

Gruv3r14 1

Oh god, my social anxiety and general anxiety clash a lot, thinking of that almost gave me an anxiety attack.

KennKenn 0

What's the worst that could happen? They decline you request, or just leave it there forever. Doesn't sound so bad.

Epikouros 31

Although the tone of your comment is insensitive, #8, "What's the worst that could happen?" is exactly the question that a therapist will ask in cognitive behavioral therapy, replacing the fear of the unknown with a more manageable fear of likely scenarios. It helped me a lot, even though requests like adding someone on Facebook are still difficult for me.

KennKenn 0

Think of my comment like iAmScrubs' comment, only less funny.

crazy_whitechick 6

I use to be like that... It sucks