By Anonymous - 03/06/2012 20:27 - United States

Today, I was operating on a young girl, when she began to awaken during the surgery. We quickly put her back under, of course, but now I'm terrified that she'll remember my profuse cursing and get me in the shit with my curmudgeonly killjoy of a boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 970
You deserved it 11 422

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Flash her one of those things from Men In Black.

Surgery must be pretty stressful. There's a lot of pressure involved. If anyone should be allowed to swear at work, it should be a surgeon.

Comments

jojimugo 20
dellis44 7

if the surgery is successful,I think she four care less about about the cursing.

She four care less about the cursing huh?

I've had over 40 surgeries and I've had that happen to me. Some of them I think we're dreams, others I KNOW were real. Pretty creepy though.

Woah, dude, what happened? You okay?

I have an incurable but treatable brain problem called Hydrocephalus. Because of this I've had a lot of surgeries. Sometimes it sucks but hey what are you going to do? :) just think of the people that are worse than you.

devore504 7

i dont think you should get in trublw,but really this should be f her life she is the one that woke up.

That would be letting you off too easy. Sounds like a malpractice suit is in order.

How the actual **** does this warrant a malpractice suit?

That's not malpractice! Nothing bad happened to her except she heard some curse words she probably uses everyday! Yeah waking up during surgery sucks but it's not his fault

**** you, the girl hearing the man who may have saved her life curse is grounds for a malpractice lawsuit? It's dickheads like you that make people scared to have careers in the medical field.

shrdlu 28

Would anyone really rather have a surgeon who wasn't very concerned in a situation like that?

I read cursing as cutting and immediately felt scared of surgeons

I read cursing as cutting and immediately felt scared of surgeons

That's better than her remembering her body being wide open on a cutting table. Yeah, I'm sure your cursing is what will give her a lifetime of night terrors.

unknown_user5566 26

Patients waking up in surgery happens, and in the long run, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. She didn't die- that's what is important.

wildsweetchild 19

Holy crap I would of freak out if i woke up during surgery ...more like FHL

No, you actually wouldn't. The remaining anesthesia in your body would prevent you from doing that.

wildsweetchild 19

Oh, I didn't know that .. makes sense! Thanks