By mild banana - 16/06/2016 16:55 - United States - Cedar Hill

Today, I was kicking my soccer ball with my father. My mom pulled out in the car without checking and ran into to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 959
You deserved it 1 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well at least you're ok. I hope your mother apologized and hopefully it won't happen again

That's completely irresponsible of her... She should get in some serious trouble for such reckless driving. I hope you're okay though!

Comments

That's completely irresponsible of her... She should get in some serious trouble for such reckless driving. I hope you're okay though!

Are you sure she didn't mean to do that.

Whether she meant to do it or not, it's still irresponsible nonetheless, #7.

If she did it on purpose then she should still get in trouble. And for much worse than just reckless driving.

I don't think she's going to get into legal troubles for hitting her own son. Why would her son press charges?

Something very similar to this happened to a friend of mine in high school, although it wasn't his mother who hit him, but instead his older sister. She knew he was there and told him to move, but when he tried saying "hang on a sec" she just started going. He ended up getting seriously injured, having to use a wheelchair for over a year, eventually able to start using crutches, and now he used a cane. He might have to use that cane for the rest of his life. And with all that time in the hospital and in physical therapy, he missed an entire school year, and graduated a year late. I know his sister got in trouble, but I'm not sure what kind of trouble..

I must admit: I briefly paused at "mom pulled out." But yes, negligent driving yields terrible accidents fairly often. Hopefully, you aren't seriously injured.

You should've paused again to realize that you need to grow up

It's something called "juvenile humor."

Or did she... *dun dun dun*(dramatic music) But I hope you're alright :)

I note that you didn't say "accidentally ran into me"...

Well at least you're ok. I hope your mother apologized and hopefully it won't happen again

Were you playing in the parking lot? It's still her fault but it seems a little odd

I'm not sure why you're being downvoted for this -- it's a legitimate question. Drivers are responsible for watching where they're going, but people playing around moving cars also need to be aware of the cars and of staying out of their path.

Sounds like they were playing in their driveway. Which in a lot of places is a spot were kids play. Or people might cross, or walk up if they were going to your house. OP was playing with their dad, I would assume this isn't the first time, but even if it's not a regular thing, the driver always has to observe their surroundings.

Agreed, of course, #23 -- but if you're playing in a driveway and a car in that garage/driveway/carport/whatever starts, and are old enough to be posting on FML, why wouldn't you get out of the way?

Wizardo 33

That's a penalty and a red card offence by mom.

You know, my mom ran over my bike when I was a kid, and I was pretty bummed about that, but usually she told me to get the **** out of the way before she got in the car...